Heroes are overrated.
    Oct 2006

Alafia Ride 12/09

Getting back out to the trails. Be there around 11am.

Cannondale Snob
    SWAMP is riding Boyette 9-12. I'll be riding with them in the morning before moving to Alafia for the afternoon
    '06 Cannondale Rush 1000 4" travel 27lbs
    '04 Cannondale F600 SOBE -STOLEN!
    '96 Cannondale Uber-V 6" travel 30lbs

Heroes are overrated.
    Oct 2006
    I'll be on a black Specialized P2. Should be a couple unicycles in the group as well.

Cannondale Snob
    Wow, a couple unicycles should make you easy to spot. I'll be on a silver/black Cannondale Rush and might be riding with a girl on a neon green/yellow Cannondale Furio (HT). If she's with me, it'll be her first time mountain-biking...

Cannondale Snob
    I took Meg to ride Boyette with the SWAMP club 9AM-1PM, then we had lunch at Beef 'O Bradys before she went home and I went to Alafia for some more riding. Got there around 3PM and saw some unicycles laying around but I'm afraid I can't tell one black Specialized from another, and there were quite a few of them out there.

Haven't ridden Alafia by myself in a while, so it was a nice change. Got out of there just as it closed.

mtbr member
    I was out at Alafia on Sunday and had a blast. It was my first time there in over 2 months so I was pleasantly surprised by the new bits of singletrack - the one on the way from the parking lot to Roller Coaster, the 3rd Rabbit Ear, and the new bits in Bridges. The new stuff had several opportunities to get both tires off of the ground which is something, IMO, that Alafia could use.

mtbr member
    Mar 2004

hey camf

hey man, its been a while since I rode with you guys, I saw John(?) unloading last week just as we were leaving. If anyone on here has a chance, go watch one of the unicycle guys, they are freaking insane!! If you ever drag youself out of bed to get there by 830, look for me in the lot.

Heroes are overrated.
    Oct 2006
    You'll know my Specialized when you see it. It's a hardtail that looks like a cross between a big kids BMX bike and something Ghostrider would ride.

The ride Sunday was nothing short of amazing. I really enjoyed the new sections and subtle changes that have been made to the trails. It would be nice to be in a little better shape, but that's my own fault. Despite being in poor shape, I was riding comfortably and close to my skill level for being inactive for so long.

I was hoping to see you out there on Sunday, elcark7. It's definately been a while.
    ..8:30?!?! If I didn't live ~ 1.5 hours away then that might be a possibility. Maybe your cool down ride can be our warm up ride.

Members who have read this thread: 0