Thread: yellow river..?

mtbr member
    May 2006

yellow river..?

the last review of yellow river i read says that the new trail should be done soon, and made it sound like it was going to be a nice trail.

everything i read or heard previous to the last review, indicated that it was going to be a family type of trail.

has anyone heard anything different, or been to there lately?

paintbucket
    There are two sides to YR. Riverside (the parking lot side) is done and is family friendly. Creekside, (across the paved road) is in the process of being built, and the building is by and for mountain bikers.
    When the going gets weird its bedtime.

Al.
    Hooligan
    The Gwinnett Area Trail Riders (GATR) http://www.sorbagatr.org/ - a chapter of SORBA, is in charge over there. SSINGA will likely chime in shortly with some more details.

Also see: http://www.sorba.org/modules.php?name=Forums for some more info.

not so super...
    All trails should be open to the public soon!!! The general contractor has a few more items to finish out there. We were hoping that it would be this weekend but I have not received any confirmation of that as of this morning.

I will say that the new creekside trails are sweet
    Nothing to see here.

mtbr member
    May 2006
    ahhh, this is good news. i'm anxious to see the new trail.

i was in the area the other day while working, so i decided to pass by to see what i could see.

on one side it looked as though it was dedicated to people who ride big four legged poop machines. directly across the street is where i assume the parking area is for bikers?

mtbr member
    Jan 2005
    Latest estimate is for first part of June. The trail is done, but the county has to finish a few things before they open the trail.

Georgia rider
    Dec 2004

I was there on Saturday...

The creek side is still not open. Yellow River is the only place I ride regularly. I started out on the River side then only switched to the creek side when they closed the River side for "improvements". I will admit that the creek side made me a much better rider and now I miss it.

The River side is too easy now and the signs are totally confusing. They have made it very walkable. I even passed three "four-legged-poop-machines" on Saturday.

The creek side trails had gotten confusing last year with so many trees down. Those pine beetles combined with a big wind storm really messed me up. I couldn't even find my favorite trails anymore!

I can't wait for it to open again. I will be checking every saturday.

not so super...
    Should open soon. !st week of June is what the county project manager is estimating.

GATR-SORBA will be hold a grand opening event at Yellow River July 1st. More info soon
    Nothing to see here.

mtbr member
    May 2006
    The trails are done they only require signs to finnish. This is that new Goliath roller coaster you have been seeing on the tube, 200 ft up then the bottom falls out from under you. Great job and kudos to Mike Ridder and GATR for a job well done.