Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Is it worth bringing the bike to SW Florida during vacation?

952 views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  ApolloMike 
#1 ·
My parents rent a condo in Bonita Springs in SW Florida during March. My wife, kids and I are heading down during March break for a week. I'm wondering if there are any "must ride" places around there that would warrant bringing my bike. Most of the stuff I have found are parks and don't seem like great places to ride.

#3 ·
I've never been to Markham, but I go to Clearwater frequently and I always bring bikes and drive to Alafia, Boyette and Carter. Those places rock.
I met a dude from Florida on my trails here in NY once and he said he lived near Markham and it was a great place to ride also.

#5 ·
Caloosahatchee Regional Park in Lee County has 10 miles of single track. Pepper ranch Preserve in Collier County has about 5. Both are probably a 45 minute drive from Bonita Springs.

The other trails near have been mentioned above.
Are there stores in the area that I can rent a decent bike from instead, since I would likely only be riding one time? I seem to find quite a few places online renting cruisers and whatnot, but nothing for true mountain bikes. Seems like such a shame to sneak away from the snow for a week and not be able to get in a decent ride!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.