2 wheel drifter

Winter Riding in Quachita Mountains

I hoping some Arkansas locals can tell me if the womble trail in the quachitas mountains is passable in the winter. I doing a roadtrip from CT back to California in a week or so and the womble trail sounded like a good break along the way. it would be a bummer to show up and not ride so any local knowledge would be great.

Thanks for the info

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Hoping for an informed reply...

I am also considering a winter Womble ride. Temps in the 40's would be plenty warm - without snow or (freezing) rain. I understand the trail itself drains very, very well.

Good luck!

Terry

mtbr member
    The Womble is in good shape and ready to ride, this trail is well worth the trip to the Ouachita Mountains, While in the area stop by Cedar Glades in Hot Springs.

Here's a link to the Arkansas Bike forum. http://pub69.ezboard.com/bbikearkansasmessageboard

If your in the northern part of the state around Mountain View check out the Syllamo trail. Very nice ride and was recently named an IMBA epic.
    http://www.wrmccycling.com/syllamosrevenge/

2 wheel drifter
    Glad to hear I won't be snowed out. Forty sounds downright warm, I'll start looking forward to it now. BTW thanks for the local resources, much appreciated. Now I just have to decide syllamo or womble and I only have time for one

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

I would

hit the womble, although both are nice.