Thread: windrock

mtbr member
    Oct 2006

windrock

Friends going to Windrock this weekend. Only have 2 days to ride and looking to get most out of it. Any suggestions where to stay and best place to ride? Any shuttles running in the area? Best suggestions for a good ride with limited time.

Jackalope Hunter
    WR is awesome, but they don't offer shuttle service. Plan on supplying your own truck, you aren't going to be pedaling up... You may luck into some riders that have space in their truck but I wouldn't count on it. There are many trails on the mountain, you basically just have to explore or try to hook up with someone to show you around. They sell maps at the base of the mountain but they are $6 and are pretty weak. As far as where to stay, there is a campground really close I think its called "Windrock campground" If you are looking for a hotel/motel i suggest staying in Oak Ridge, Its about 5 minutes from Oliver Springs (Where WR is) and there are a lot more options...

A lot of WR locals post on Ridemonkey in the South forum, you could try there to hook up with someone. Good luck... fwiw WR is one of the coolest DH spots in the SE. (If not the coolest)
    B Team represent

OMBA/IMBA Bike Patrol