mtbr member

What not to do at Hanna Park....

I brought a friend of mine out to Hanna Park for his first ride on a mountain bike with clipless pedals.... The rest is history and hysterical.... I recorded this on my GoPro HD.

Fast bike-slow rider
    Nice... the switch to clip less was rough for me as well... well not that rough. I just got a Spesh 29er hardtail the other week. First ride was at Santos and I still have a huge bruise from a crash there from not clipping out fast enough after choosing a bad line. You riding this afternoon? I may try and make it out to Hanna this afternoon if I can get outta work early enough.

mtbr member
    This was his first time on a MTB in general.... So he went all out with clipless and all. I wont be out there this afternoon. Maybe Thursday.

XXIX
    Haha, that was me not to log ago. I did that at the John Brown trail in Santos on a rainy day. 5 months later and im so glad I made the switch.

Fast bike-slow rider
    That makes sense. Hopefully that rough first experience didn't put him off from riding.

Fast bike-slow rider
    Yeah in my transition to clip-less I had bruises on my thighs from falling over for the first 4-6 rides. Now it is much fewer and only when I do something dumb like choosing the worst line possible over roots/rocks etc..

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Haha, I'm surprised he chose clipless for his first mtb ride. At least you started him out on an easy trail.
    2011 Trek Gary Fisher Collection Rig
    2007 Gary Fisher HKEK

BMW 2002, Dodge A100, etc
    Funny video of 'going clipless' better to start out people with flat pedals, as they are familiar to most beginners and work up to clipless when they start to get the 'spin' down. Your buddy had a pretty good attitude about it and was smiling about it. I've seen people chuck their bike against the tree from a 'cliped in fall'. Thanks for sharing.

TRANCER
    Until I read it was his 1st time I was like wtf? Lol now it all makes sense. He's a better man than I going straight to clipless.
    Ride