mtbr member
    Jan 2004

What bike and where near Orlando?

My family is going to orlando for 4 days and then the vero beach area for 3 more for a work meeting and to visit family. I'd like to get in atleast one day of riding while down and can't decide whether to take the mtb or road bike. Taking the mtb depends on how quickly I can get to a trail from the universal studios area (which would be more fun since I could try a new trail) whereas I could ride the road bike just about anywhere.
    What would you suggest?

mtbr member
    Jul 2005
    There arent any decent mountain bike trails any short distance from Orlando. The closest one would be an hour away. Having said that, the trails an hours away are pretty nice! There are several paved trails, which are great from road biking. One trail to stay away from is Orange Blossom Trail, unless you like trannys!

ChiliPepper1
    Quote Originally Posted by speed856
    My family is going to orlando for 4 days and then the vero beach area for 3 more for a work meeting and to visit family. I'd like to get in atleast one day of riding while down and can't decide whether to take the mtb or road bike. Taking the mtb depends on how quickly I can get to a trail from the universal studios area (which would be more fun since I could try a new trail) whereas I could ride the road bike just about anywhere.
    What would you suggest?
    The LBE (Little Big Econ or other words known locally as.....Snowhill) ) and Soldiers Creek are the closest to Orlando. Both are in the Oviedo area. The only other nearest ones are an hour or plus away. Santos, Carter Road (Loyce), Alafia, Chuck Lennon, Graham, New Smyrna, and Paisley (near Alexandria Springs). There are some new trails being developed in Mount Dora and Orlando, but as I just mentioned.....still in development. Good luck with your trip and enjoy your time at US with your family.