mtbr member
    Jun 2007

West Palm Beach (Jupiter)- Looking for Riding buddies - Begginer Plus ~ 60 min rides

I am just getting back into riding the trails after some time off and my stamina is up to 60 min. I've been going to Pinehurst and Dyer with a buddy that's just getting into riding and really enjoying it. I was previously riding and helping with maintenance on these trails back in 2004-05 when the hurricanes were changing them up. I've also done some trips to Vegas, NC and VA which were a blast.

I would like to find buddies that want to do some morning rides 6:30 AM before work on the weekdays. I should be back in riding shape pretty soon and looking forward to some trips to JD, Oleta and Quiet Waters trails on the weekends with a normal start time of 8-9AM.

My car holds three bikes inside and three riders pretty good and I am happy to drive. I live in Jupiter just west of I-95 and Donald Ross Rd.

Let me know if you want to meet up some time. I am riding a 2004 Cannondale Jekyll

William
    wilanz@gmail.com
    561-628-1560
    Jupiter, FL
    Last edited by wilanz; 11-10-2009 at 09:47 AM.

yeah, uh............bikes
    FYI, take down your email (and probably phone number too) before the bots get a hold of it and start spamming you. Just ask people to PM you.

I'm up in the Farms, make regular weekend drives down to Markham Park. JD is a giant sandbox, but great for getting into riding shape, haven't been to QW for ~9 months, and I've never felt the urge to go back to Oleta when I'd have to drive by Markham.

I can't do weekday rides, but if you're up for a trip to Markham some weekend, let me know.

ChiliPepper1
    Quote Originally Posted by FloridaFish
    FYI, take down your email (and probably phone number too) before the bots get a hold of it and start spamming you. Just ask people to PM you.

I'm up in the Farms, make regular weekend drives down to Markham Park. JD is a giant sandbox, but great for getting into riding shape, haven't been to QW for ~9 months, and I've never felt the urge to go back to Oleta when I'd have to drive by Markham.

I can't do weekday rides, but if you're up for a trip to Markham some weekend, let me know.
    I second the statement FF mentions about your email addy and your telephone number. Remove it or they will bust your computer with spam. Use the PM system instead, like FF mentioned.

I am north of you in the Palm Bay area, so anytime you want to ride our local trails or Ft. Pierce, give me a shout. Same goes to you FF.

mtbr member
    May 2008
    Trail maintenance is the best way to increase stamina!

PS. Trail maintenance this Saturday at QW 8:30am till you pass out from exhaustion!

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by tflounder
    Trail maintenance is the best way to increase stamina!

PS. Trail maintenance this Saturday at QW 8:30am till you pass out from exhaustion!

I'll make it out to do maintenance soon. Let me get my tires turning on a couple of trails first. Thanks for the invite. I'll catch up with you soon.

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by ChiliPepper1
    I second the statement FF mentions about your email addy and your telephone number. Remove it or they will bust your computer with spam. Use the PM system instead, like FF mentioned.

I am north of you in the Palm Bay area, so anytime you want to ride our local trails or Ft. Pierce, give me a shout. Same goes to you FF.

Michael (and Jaco),

Thanks again for a great ride in Palm Bay. The trail was a bit more challenging than I expected and I conquered fears that I didn't know I had! I'll be back soon to visit. The other riders were great to hang out with and your son Jaco was a fountain of information and knew more about my bike then I did.

William

ChiliPepper1
    Quote Originally Posted by wilanz
    Michael (and Jaco),

Thanks again for a great ride in Palm Bay. The trail was a bit more challenging than I expected and I conquered fears that I didn't know I had! I'll be back soon to visit. The other riders were great to hang out with and your son Jaco was a fountain of information and knew more about my bike then I did.

William
    You are very welcome William. It was fun, I just wish I had more energy than I did have. I was still kinda tired from riding the last two prior days. I did not get out of there until 4:30pm. Left for about 20 minutes to eat, energize, and wait for my buddy which was running way late. Ran into my FR buddies and started to FR session from that point on until I could not hardly peddle anymore. It turned out to be a wild, fun, and tiring day. I had to conserve some energy for our local Hash ride that Sunday (yesterday). I was soooo tired from three days of riding, I pretty much came in last on the 20 mile Hash ride. My wife was struggling through the sugar sand, and I got plowed over by another rider, then ran over by another rider as I was down. Lots of fun!

Yeah, Joco can really chew your ear off if you let him. He started to get his FR game on once my FR buddies showed up and got him to do some trail work on a that new drop I was showing you. We go it flowing now. As per the FT, yeah, it can be very challenging, and you were one of the very lucky ones that made it off the FT without crashing, but definitely not shedding blood. You are a true guest of honor bro! Hope to see you up this way in the future.

mtbr member
    Dec 2009
    Hey guys, I'm brand new to the sport and am trying to get in better shape as well, figured this would be the best way to have fun while doing it. I like to soak in as much info as I can when I get into something new and there's no better way than to hook up with better riders so PM me if you want to ride and don't mind showing a newb the ropes. I live in West Jupiter (Farms) by the way.

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by catalyst105
    Hey guys, I'm brand new to the sport and am trying to get in better shape as well, figured this would be the best way to have fun while doing it. I like to soak in as much info as I can when I get into something new and there's no better way than to hook up with better riders so PM me if you want to ride and don't mind showing a newb the ropes. I live in West Jupiter (Farms) by the way.
    great to hear you are in the area. I've been going out mid-week before work to Dyer and Pinehurst. On the weekends I like to hit the other trails that are further away.

I am happy to ride with you. I hope you like to wake up early

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    I am getting better. My stamina is up to 90 mins and I've been able to ride the intermediate stuff at the trails. I've been riding my local ones in the AM before work Dyer and Pinehurst. I've done a couple of trips to Fruit Trail (Palm Bay), Oleta(Miami), Halap(Stuart) and J.D (Hobe Sound)

I had a lot of fun joining the time trial at Dyer this past weekend and planning on going to the one in Halaptokee this coming Saturday.

If anyone wants to link up for a ride or better yet take a trip to a trail that I haven't been to let me know.

William
    wilanz@gmail.com
    561-628-1560

Go make a difference
    Seriously, remove your email address and phone or you'll be sorry!

enter your email like this:
    firstpart at gmail dot com

folks will understand and the bots can't read it.
    Charles Myrick
    33North Adventures | Owner
    Bike | Climb | Hike | Paddle
    New trips: Tibet & Bosnia!

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    wilanz, I would listen to these guys about your e-mail and phone #.

How was JD? I used to rie there every friday back when it was good. I rode there 2 years ago and swore I wouldn't ride it again 'till it was fixed. Those guys had a lot of work to do, and I know they work hard there.

You need to hit up FTP. You will enjoy it and it is on the way to the palm bay. BTW Fort Pierce is in AWESOME shape.

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Flboy
    wilanz, I would listen to these guys about your e-mail and phone #.

How was JD? I used to rie there every friday back when it was good. I rode there 2 years ago and swore I wouldn't ride it again 'till it was fixed. Those guys had a lot of work to do, and I know they work hard there.

You need to hit up FTP. You will enjoy it and it is on the way to the palm bay. BTW Fort Pierce is in AWESOME shape.
    JD was nice and sandy. I did almost did a full lap but skipped 3 sections because of a time crunch. Not sure what needed to get fixed. It was pretty nice ride.

I joined the airborne MTB group and they ride at FTP. Hoping they put a group ride together soon so that I can check it out.

ChiliPepper1
    JD was nice and sandy. I did almost did a full lap but skipped 3 sections because of a time crunch. Not sure what needed to get fixed. It was pretty nice ride.

I joined the airborne MTB group and they ride at FTP. Hoping they put a group ride together soon so that I can check it out.
    Hey bro, glad to hear you are having a blast! Was not sure if you knew, but my buddy Flboy has been a member with Airborne for years. I ride with him here on the GFT. You would not recognize some of the GFT now-a-days. Have added some really top notch technical trail to the rhythm section, and of course more drops to huck as well. More to come, including a new table-top to replace the old one. TTYl brother.

mtbr member
    Jun 2007

after work rides

It looks like we have enough sunlight for after work rides. The time change is almost here, too.

Monday and Thursday are best for me. I'll alternate between Dyer, Pinehurst and Halpatokee.

If anyone wants to meet up let me know.

I'll be at Pinehurst today at 5:30 for a couple of laps on the easy section.

ChiliPepper1
    It looks like we have enough sunlight for after work rides. The time change is almost here, too.

Monday and Thursday are best for me. I'll alternate between Dyer, Pinehurst and Halpatokee.

If anyone wants to meet up let me know.

I'll be at Pinehurst today at 5:30 for a couple of laps on the easy section.
    Getting bored bro? You know that's why they have night lights, that way you can ride in the evening hours (the best).....LOL!

BTW, glad to hear you enjoyed the LBE. A nice trail system, just not enough action. How is Halipak looking these days?

Keep it real, have fun, and ride on bro!

mtbr member
    Great to see there are other riders around here. Been riding for years just getting into the MTB stuff. Looking for a bike at this time. Anyone have any good leads on a all around good bike PM me I need a small frame.

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by ChiliPepper1
    Getting bored bro? You know that's why they have night lights, that way you can ride in the evening hours (the best).....LOL!

BTW, glad to hear you enjoyed the LBE. A nice trail system, just not enough action. How is Halipak looking these days?

Keep it real, have fun, and ride on bro!
    Bored is a good thing. It means I am getting the hang of things.

I tried a night ride and ran out of there scared. I need more power and more lights before I try again.

Halapat is fast and fun. I keep getting turned around in there even after attending the time trial. I'll be out again with a GPS to track all the sections I keep seeing.