mtbr member
    Jun 2013

Caution;  Merge;  Workers Ahead! Visiting Tennessee, Might go to Hamilton Creek

I've never been past Illinois and will be visiting family in TN. Hamilton Creek is near by and I might be able to get away for a bike ride.

Questions:

-where can I rent a bike? (I'd like to rent rull suspension bike)

-can I rent a helmet?

-Would anyone want to hit the trail with me?

I'll be arriving in TN on the 21st and will be leaving the 29th.

Ill be gone all day tomorrow until 8pm so ill check this thread then. Thanks in advance!

cowbell
    Question: Have you ridden Hammy before? How good a technical rider are you?

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    I've never ridden anywhere but in my state.

I live in Washington and have not encountered a trail I couldn't ride. I'm not a pro by any means and there are times I've had to walk my bike over some obstacles. I raced dirt bikes for 13 years when I was a kid so I'm pretty comfortable on a mt bike.

cowbell
    Ok. No offense, I just wanted to make certain. Hamilton Creek (Hammy, as we call it affectionately) is pretty much the rockiest, most technical ride in Middle TN. Some people visit the area and figure they'll ride that just because it's what's closest to where they are, and end up hating it, themselves, and mountain biking. If it doesn't sound like your thing, there are a lot of other options, but if you're good with it, the longest drive may be to get a bike.

I won't speculate on shops I'm not CERTAIN about. Which means, I can tell you one shop that rents mountain bikes is Riverside Bikes in Clarksville, but that's probably an hour from you. And last I checked, they didn't rent any FS bikes.

Maybe someone else can chime in, or you could contact other shops in the ares:

MOAB in Franklin
    Grand Fondo Trail in Belle Mead
    Cumberland Transit in down town Nashville
    Halcyon bikes in downtown Nashville

To really get some feedback from locals (not many seem to be active on here) check out tennesseemountainbike.com

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    No offense taken at all. I also race my car and am used to the guy that thinks he's a hot shot and gets the worst time of the day haha.

I ride a HT and just wanted to try out a FS. I love technical stuff and I like a challenge so I think that would be the place for me.

I'm going to check my schedule and see if I can make it out there

Thanks for your responses.

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    A little further south is Cane Ridge. A kind of short trail, a little more than 2 miles, but really flowy and fast.

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    I am a dirt bike racer, and Hamilton Creek is technical, but it is not that bad. When I lived in Tennessee I rode it at least once a week on a $300 Trek HT. You will love it.

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by MiggySawdust View Post
    A little further south is Cane Ridge. A kind of short trail, a little more than 2 miles, but really flowy and fast.
    Noted, thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ktmracer124 View Post
    I am a dirt bike racer, and Hamilton Creek is technical, but it is not that bad. When I lived in Tennessee I rode it at least once a week on a $300 Trek HT. You will love it.
    I have my FF helmet, gloves, goggles, shorts, shoes, camelbak and shirt all ready to go!

Flight leaves tomorrow at 1310 and I'll have to see when I can go. I'd like to go multiple times if possible. I just need to get a bike and I'll be set.

If anyone wants to get a group together for a group ride I'd be down for that too.