mtbr member

Vacationing in Newnan GA this summer - Trails in that area?

The family and I are going to Newnan GA this summer and I'd love to ride a few trails. Looking for anything from Yellow trails all the way up to Double Black Diamonds.

I've found a few with searching, but I have no idea what sort of trails they are.
    2014 Scott Scale 740

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    Don't know what's going to be close to you on the southern side of ATL but thinking not much. Plenty of options north of ATL though. Park type riding in the suburbs with a good variety of skill level options (Blankets Creek, Rope Mill, Big Creek) to more primitive slightly more remote/advanced (Bear Creek/Pinhoti in Ellijay, Bull and Jake Mtns in Dahlonega, Pinhoti sections near Dalton) but further north. I'd also highly recommend Coldwater Mtn in Anniston, AL. Not a bad drive from Newnan and some seriously legit trails. Definitely worth the trip if it were me.

mtbr member
    There used to be a trail somewhere around Newnan, but I don't know if it exists anymore. It was on private property I believe, and you had to sign a waiver at the entrance. I rode it many years ago, visiting a friend who once lived there.

There are trails around Columbus, that are worth the trip (depending on what you're comparing it to). Flat Rock is a fun trail, with decent mileage. Ridden it a few times, while visiting. Phenix City has a trail, just across the river, that is supposed to be more difficult, but also not as maintained. I haven't ridden it. There is a bike shop in Columbus. I would call them and ask for the local scoop.

While in Columbus, you could whitewater raft/ kayak too, if you're interested in that.

There is a trail over by the military base too, but I've never been to it either.

Otherwise, you have to drive up to the North or East Atlanta areas, I believe.

This map may help you a bit.

Dirt Junkie
    Peachtree City. Stinky Trail. Fun, tight, urban trail. About 10-20 minutes away from Newnan.
    How can anyone who's been riding as long as I have, be so slow???