mtbr member
    Jul 2011

Vacationing in Gatlinburg in November

I'll be vacationing in a cabin in Gatlinburg with the family in the second week of November, specifically off 73 between Gatlinburg and I-40. I'll be bringing my mountain bike, and my brother-in-law is bringing his road bike.

I'm trying to find an area that we can park the car at and off-load the bikes... I hit the trails, and he has some pavement so that both of us can get a two or three hour ride in. Doesn't have to be a mountain bike trail, I don't mind gravel or un-paved road as long as it's worth the time/scenery I suppose. I also thought about driving to Ashville or Knoxville and doing some urban riding, I've always wanted to check out some breweries in Ashville. I've been to Cade's Cove in the park before, and remember seeing some riders (I think I heard they close the trail for bikes on Wednesdays).

If not, anywhere in the area that rents mountain bikes so the brother-in-law can come along on a trail?

Bonus question... We (others in the family) will probably pack up some frisbee golf disks too, if there are any good courses in the area that you recommend

Thanks!

mtbr member
    Going up there tomorrow for four days with family, but will probably leave the bike at home, dayhike Ramsey Cascades, plus maybe go whitewater rafting.
    Was looking at these.
    Bicycling in Smoky Mountains | Cycling and Biking in the Smokies
    Says there are no MTB trails in the Smokies, but has suggestions like Cades Cove.

This looks like it would be fun to check out-once, just to see. Not really "mountain biking", I guess.
    $25 for a few hours, though...
    CLIMBWorks Opens Killer New Flow Trails In Gatlinburg, TN

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Thanks very much! The CLIMBWorks looks pretty sweet actually, and even better, it's two miles from our cabin

mtbr member
    Sep 2013
    Dang, we were just up there with our bikes too. It's pricey, but we would've spent $50 to be able to get some trail riding in.

Thanks for the link.