mtbr member
    Nov 2008

Tsali area cabin rental recs

Anyone have a recommendation for a cabin that will sleep four adults. I don't need four bedrooms, but it's for me and three friends, not two couples.

Also, my friends are not active mountain bikers though they each have older 26" hardtails with v-brakes. What trails would you recommend for beginners? We want to take a long weekend for some riding and business brainstorming.

Thanks in advance for any insights.

mtbr member
    I would check out vrbo.com for cabin rentals in the robinsville area. This is a great resource to find rentals all over the country.
    If you're not totally hung up on tsali check out mulberry gap mtb get-a-way in Ellijay.

Mulberry Gap, home of the unique mountain bike destination
    Ride Bikes
    Drink Beer

DILLIGAF

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    We do a guys trip up there once a year. Ride Tsali and raft the Nantahala. We always stay at http://www.nantahalavillage.com. Check out the River's End on the Nantahala. Great chilli.

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    There are several cabin rental places as well as a couple of cool B&Bs in Bryson City. We used to stay at the Nantahala Village all of the time. Last time we were over (late fall) it was closed. We talked to some folks working there and got mixed signals - some said they were going to re-open soon, others told stories of bankruptcy and equipment repossessions. It was sad to see, we love that place (both the restaurant and the cabins / inn.

Bryson City is a good option though, and quite convenient to the Tsali trails. All of the loops at Tsali are easy enough for beginners so long as they have at least some amount of basic fitness. There is nothing all that technically challenging (maybe a few real short spots, but they'd be easy to walk over if need be).

Be sure to check out Anthony's (best stromboli in the world) and the Nantahala Brewing Company's Tap Room in Bryson City.

mtbr member

Bryson City Bicycles

Get in touch with Andy or Diane @ Bryson City bicycles. They'll know the best cabin rentals in relation to all the local trails. Great people who know just about eveything that area has to offer!!!

Bryson City Bicycles, bicycling for everyone!

Cheers

Go make a difference
    I typically stay at the NOC when I'm over that way. I have cabins and yurts over at the Ocoee (Tanasi and Chilhowee trails) if you're ever over that way.

I also know a couple folks with rental cabins in the Nanty Gorge (where Tsali is). They may be available depending on your trip dates.

Your friends should enjoy Tsali -- it's good for riders of all ability levels!
    Charles Myrick
    33North Adventures | Owner
    Bike | Climb | Hike | Paddle
    New trips: Tibet & Bosnia!