mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Trip to the Atlanta Area

I will driving to Atlanta and Madison, GA on business in a couple of weeks and need some help on trails to ride. First night in Douglasville/Villa Rica area. I will be driving up and arrive around 3:00. I would like to ride in the afternoon. The next day, I will be driving to Madison and had planned on riding the Olympic course in Conyers late in the afternoon, is it worth it or are there better options. The last day I will be driving home from Madison and was looking for something around Eatonton or Milledgeville.

Thanks.

Go make a difference
    If you're headed to Madison, you'll be backtracking to hit Conyers / GIHP. Best bet to hit it on the way to Madison or on the way back. Just north of Madison about 15 minutes up hwy 441 is Heritage Park and that's worth the drive. I'll poke around and see what the latest on riding is at HP -- I know there had been some discussion awhile back about rotating days.

Trail info on both can be found at SORBA Atlanta under the trails tab.

I don't know what's out near D-ville, unfortunately, but I'm sure there's something b/c there's a few riders that live out that way.
    Charles Myrick
    33North Adventures | Owner
    Bike | Climb | Hike | Paddle
    New trips: Tibet & Bosnia!

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    Conyers is a great course, but make sure you get to the granite side too! It's the closest thing to Moab on the east coast.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by k2biker
    If you're headed to Madison, you'll be backtracking to hit Conyers / GIHP. Best bet to hit it on the way to Madison or on the way back. Just north of Madison about 15 minutes up hwy 441 is Heritage Park and that's worth the drive. I'll poke around and see what the latest on riding is at HP -- I know there had been some discussion awhile back about rotating days.

Trail info on both can be found at SORBA Atlanta under the trails tab.

I don't know what's out near D-ville, unfortunately, but I'm sure there's something b/c there's a few riders that live out that way.
    Thanks. I will be driving from Villa Rica to Madison so Conyers is on the way to Madison.

Driving from Brunswick, GA>>Villa Rica>>Alpharetta>>Madison>>Brunswick, GA

mtbr member
    I live about 10 minutes from the trails at Heritage on 441 North of Madison. Heritage is open every day for now, and the trails are open to horses, hikers and bikers, with some shared trails. Most of the trails are bike/hike only. I'd hit Heritage if I were you. Trail map here. I love Chicopee Woods in Gainesville, GA, but that may be out of your way.
    Miles on the trail are a very effective filter for the objectionable particles of the mainstream.

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    Rock Hawk is a few miles east of Eatonton. I've ridden most of it, but haven't ridden the new sections that are supposed to be a little more challenging.

I haven't ridden these. They are closer to 441. I've noticed the road sign while driving past it: Bartram Forrest and Selma Irwin. From what I understand, Selma Irwin is the more challenging of the two.

These are listed in the "Reviews" section: http://trails.mtbr.com/cat/united-st...918_50crx.aspx

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Change of plans

I will be staying in Braselton on the first night. Is Yargo the best option for a ride in the Braselton area?

not so super...
    Yargo is a good ride
    Nothing to see here.

mtbr member
    Hmmmm, you also wouldn't be far from Gainesville, GA and the Chicopee trails. They would get my vote (trail map can be found at the link I gave above). They close the trails when the least bit wet, so check the site to see if they are open before you go...
    Miles on the trail are a very effective filter for the objectionable particles of the mainstream.