long standing member

Trails in/near Peachtree City, GA?

I'm relocating to GA from central PA in a couple of months and I am trying to sort out what the MTB trail situation is in Peachtree City. I found a review for Line Creek on MTBR, but according to their website MTBs are not permitted.

I've ridden several different trail systems in GA in the past when visiting family, including: Blankets Creek, Big Creek and Central Park. However, since I'll be residing in Peachtree City I'd like to get an idea of what is nearby to legally ride in the areas South and/or West of ATL.

Also, if anyone has any first-hand input on Peachtree City BMX or any suggestions for places to go downhilling in the southeast I'd be interested in getting some info on that as well. TIA.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by PCinSC
    I'm relocating to GA from central PA in a couple of months and I am trying to sort out what the MTB trail situation is in Peachtree City. I found a review for Line Creek on MTBR, but according to their website MTBs are not permitted.

I've ridden several different trail systems in GA in the past when visiting family, including: Blankets Creek, Big Creek and Central Park. However, since I'll be residing in Peachtree City I'd like to get an idea of what is nearby to legally ride in the areas South and/or West of ATL.

Also, if anyone has any first-hand input on Peachtree City BMX or any suggestions for places to go downhilling in the southeast I'd be interested in getting some info on that as well. TIA.
    AFAIK there are some trails off of Hwy 138 in Jonesboro called The Beach. I believe they had the beach volleball competion in the olympics at that park. You are also not too far away from Dauset. Great trail system in Jackson, GA.

mtbr member
    Downhilling in GA is minimal. Big creek is one of the best options for DH/FR. I've heard from some people that there's some good stuff at Carters Lake near ellijay, and from others that its not that great. I really need to get over there to figure out whats up.

There are a couple of places near ellijay that may be good to shuttle. On my to do list
    GregRidesTrails.com--An informational and instructional mountain bike blog.

Go make a difference
    Here's a current thread on the same subject on the SORBA forum.

http://www.sorba.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=27362
    Charles Myrick
    33North Adventures | Owner
    Bike | Climb | Hike | Paddle
    New trips: Tibet & Bosnia!

mtbr member
    This site may help. Of the ones that I have ridden near my home near Athens, Heritage Park near Bishop, GA; Fort Yargo in Winder, GA; and Chicopee Woods near Gainesville would all likely be worth the drive.
    Miles on the trail are a very effective filter for the objectionable particles of the mainstream.

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    My wife and I have visited Peachtree City a few times, we love it there. It's definitely MTB friendly. Not sure if you've visited there yet, but there is a whole network of paved/dirt trails running in and around the city. They were primarily intended for golf carts, so they aren't hard core, but they go everywhere, so you can easily commute or put LOTS of cardio miles in. That is such a great place to live. It would be on our short list if we move.
    Tampa Florida

07 Iron Horse Warrior 1.3
    07 Redline Monocog Flight 29er 1x9 (The Snot Rocket)

mtbr member
    PM me if you've got any questions about PTC. I grew up there and reluctantly moved back in with the rents after being unemployed for a few months.

I ride the local trails and BMX track at least once a week and the larger trail systems around the state on weekends. The BMX track is a ton of fun but you need taller gears if you're planning on running a SS mtb or DJ bike out there, at least a 2.3 gear ratio running 26s.