mtbr member
    Jul 2011

Trails in or near bradenton FL?

Have close friends down there I would like to visit soon and was wondering if I should bring ye ole mtb?
    There's something about those long grueling climbs that gets my front end all stiff... And I'm not talking about lockout...

mtbr member
    nothing in bradenton but fort myers,north port i believe has trails and then you have alafia and boyette parks which is in lithia area...
    2011 Trek 4300....
    2009 Specialized Elite Stumpjumper....

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    Balm Boyette is probably the closest - 45 mins according to Google. Alafia River is 5 or 10 mins beyond that. Both are really great trails. Boyette can be confusing. There's no loop; it's just a whole bunch of trails running every which way, so print out a map. Fast and flowy singletrack with some really big, really fast drops if Ridgeline is open. If not North and South Abyss are great fun too. Alafia is a really nice all around trail system. Something for every skill level, good mileage.

The Carter Road Trail at Loyce Harpe Park is another 20 minutes past those parks. It's a really technical, dangerous, great trail. One of my favorites but it can be really hairy. The trail is built on the remains of an old phosphate mine which creates a lot of ridges. It's a very unique trail. Worth hitting.

1 hour and 50 minutes south is the Alva Trail, at Caloosahatchee Regional Park. I haven't been there but I hear it's a lot of fun. Check their website to make sure it's open before you go. They don't mess around with rain and will close the trail. Florida Mud Cutters - Home Page

All four of these trails are worthy destinations. I would bring my bike.