mtbr member
    Nov 2010

Trail in Fort Benning, GA

I stay over in Phenix City, AL, and this year I've ridden 15 different trails in Alabama and Georgia. Then one day while I was browsing online, I found out that there was a trail I didn't even know existed right in my own back yard. A trail about 15 minutes away from me in Ft Benning. How in the world did I not know about this trail. I have been on several bike trips this year to try new trails and somehow this one went under my radar. Has this ever happen to anyone else (where there was a trail close by and you didn't know of it) or am I the only one?

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    so have you ridden the benning trail yet. i have when it was first built in 2011. They have made some real progress wit this trail. beginner intermediate and advanced sections. i believe. they had a race out there last year. check out columbus bike racing on facebook. a few of them have created the trail.

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    How many miles are we talking?

Catiro, Whats been your favorite trail in AL?

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by KyleLyons35 View Post

how many miles for what Kyle?

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    So far my favorite trail is Swayback in Wetumpka, AL.

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by jasonball View Post
    so have you ridden the benning trail yet. i have when it was first built in 2011. They have made some real progress wit this trail. beginner intermediate and advanced sections. i believe. they had a race out there last year. check out columbus bike racing on facebook. a few of them have created the trail.
    yes, i have ridden it several times and even introduced it to some of my friends. its nice to have another local trail.

mtbr member
    Jul 2010

Sorry,

How many miles are accessible at Fort Benning?

Then question number 2: what has been your favorite trail system in AL. I want to make a trip west.

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    i believe its 6 miles, they are suppose to be adding more trails in the near future.

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    I there is are like 7 so far at benning. but it will smoke your legs and heart. plenty of tech and tons of places to push your limits ont he ground and the air.

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    sorry didn't read your comment. between 6-7. either way it's a good course. I have ridden sway back about 2 years ago. and some sections were above my ability at the time.

I will be riding 2 laps at flat rock wed. catiro if you want to roll out.