Bro Mountainbiker

Tornado Roll Call

Hey guys,

Everyone okay after the devastating storms we had wednesday?

Im here in Tuscaloosa, and i am fortunate enough that everyone i know and their property is okay. Unfortunately, not everyone was so lucky.

How are yall hanging in?
    Especially my friends in the west alabama area. Yall alright?

Sheepo
    Raised in a Chicken-Coop by Chickens

Big Wheel Homer !!
    I'm in Huntsville and we didn't get any damage, but have been without power since Wednesday night. I finally got a generator up and running last night, fridge, tv, computer and a couple of lights.

I did talk to SSINGA via email yesterday and his house just was missed by 2 tornados, but all's well

Bro Mountainbiker
    Glad to hear it! I hope everyone else rolls in unharmed

At Work
    Save here in Tuscaloosa also. We got lightly hit in the early morning storm that came through. Watched the big one from the driveway. We are south of town below Shelton State. http://www.hamwx.com/?p=4611
    2009 Titus FTM

2009 Gary Fisher Rig

1997 Kona Ku
    (Resurection in Progress)

mtbr member
    Glad to hear everyone is HSV is OK. Those a bit further south, god speed on a full recovery.
    Media Manager - Coming Soon
    Press Relations - Team Billy Goat Bikes - Mountain Khakis

FloridaKeys Fishing Guide

Bonking ... not feelin' well

My heart goes out to you folks up there. TV reports don't even begin to cover that carnage. It is as if a huricane went over that area as it shows the same type of destruction...
    Current ride(s) 2011 Santa Cruz Blur LT

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    I live in Tuscaloosa across Hwy 69 from Hillcrest High. The morning after the storm I drove to where I work on McFarland Blvd, got on my bike, and rode to the damaged areas. I have a friend who lives near Forest lake who is somewhat mentally challenged and wanted to check on him. I couldn't remember exactly where his house was, so I pedaled around for about two hours and then called it quits. Later that day I found out that he had got in his bathtub and survived, but his house was destroyed. Luckily a man from his his church has already GIVEN him a new home to live in. It is a home he usually rents out, but has been vacant for a while.

It's been amazing to see so much generosity and love all around this town. Everywhere I have been, there are too many volunteers, and too many donations. It's awesome.

Bro Mountainbiker
    Humph, glad to hear you are okay.
    It's pretty amazing all the volunteers we have! The university asked all the students to leave town to get out of the way so that's what I did. I'm thinking about goin back wednesday to help if they need it...
    We will see...

I also have a job interview in Tuscaloosa Friday so I guess I'll be home for that

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    I am a firefighter/paramedic with over 25years experience, trained in many different rescue disciplines and I am attached to a national network of rescue personnel that respond nationally and in some cases globally. I have worked the Alabama tornados of 1994, 1998, hurricanes Andrew, Opal and Katrina just to name a few disasters I have seen. The destruction here in Alabama is as bad as or worse than I have ever seen, and the carnage is spread out over 2/3rds of the state. I went to check on a relative in Pleasant Grove Thursday (riding my bike for speed and mobility) and had to use the GPS on my phone just to find my way around, every thing familiar was gone. It reminded me of the destruction in south Florida from hurricane Andrew. My thoughts and prayers are with all those touched by this disaster and to those with the means to assist, your help will be greatly appreciated.

At Work
    Quote Originally Posted by humph005
    I live in Tuscaloosa across Hwy 69 from Hillcrest High. The morning after the storm I drove to where I work on McFarland Blvd, got on my bike, and rode to the damaged areas. I have a friend who lives near Forest lake who is somewhat mentally challenged and wanted to check on him. I couldn't remember exactly where his house was, so I pedaled around for about two hours and then called it quits. Later that day I found out that he had got in his bathtub and survived, but his house was destroyed. Luckily a man from his his church has already GIVEN him a new home to live in. It is a home he usually rents out, but has been vacant for a while.

It's been amazing to see so much generosity and love all around this town. Everywhere I have been, there are too many volunteers, and too many donations. It's awesome.
    I rode into Cedar Crest on Thurs to take a phone charger to a co-worker who lives in the back side. I live down your way also, magnolia park. Obliterated is the best word to describe it.
    2009 Titus FTM

2009 Gary Fisher Rig

1997 Kona Ku

At Work
    Quote Originally Posted by GPeek
    I am a firefighter/paramedic with over 25years experience, trained in many different rescue disciplines and I am attached to a national network of rescue personnel that respond nationally and in some cases globally. I have worked the Alabama tornados of 1994, 1998, hurricanes Andrew, Opal and Katrina just to name a few disasters I have seen. The destruction here in Alabama is as bad as or worse than I have ever seen, and the carnage is spread out over 2/3rds of the state. I went to check on a relative in Pleasant Grove Thursday (riding my bike for speed and mobility) and had to use the GPS on my phone just to find my way around, every thing familiar was gone. It reminded me of the destruction in south Florida from hurricane Andrew. My thoughts and prayers are with all those touched by this disaster and to those with the means to assist, your help will be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks for the work you have done..............
    2009 Titus FTM

2009 Gary Fisher Rig

1997 Kona Ku