Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Big Damn Hero
    I've been going to St. Augustine every year since I was 8 but have always just brought my road bike. This year I'm bringing my road and trail bikes and hope to get out for a bit of dirt. From what I'm reading here it sounds like I should definitely hit up Graham Swamp and Mala Compra... in that order.

In the wooded trails here in east TX if you're the first person on the trail each day, you're on "spider patrol" and have the inglorious duty of blasting through all of the newly formed spider webs. Is that the same in FL trails as well? If so, any poisonous ones I need to be on the lookout for?
    Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance you must keep moving. ~ Albert Einstein

Papa T
    Same deal here, especially at Graham and Mala. Very wooded sections and usually new spider webs are up by morning. Most if not all are the Golden Orb spiders (Banana spiders) and are not dangerous to peeps. Never been bitten by them in my entire life here in FL. That being said, definitely creepy to get a head/helmet full of web. Have fun, thanks Peter Parker!
    Keep your head tube up!
    2012 Marin Mt. Vision XM Pro
    2009 Jamis Dragon ONE

Big Damn Hero
    Quote Originally Posted by Numb Bum View Post
    Same deal here, especially at Graham and Mala. Very wooded sections and usually new spider webs are up by morning. Most if not all are the Golden Orb spiders (Banana spiders) and are not dangerous to peeps. Never been bitten by them in my entire life here in FL. That being said, definitely creepy to get a head/helmet full of web. Have fun, thanks Peter Parker!
    Ok thanks for the heads up. I've done the "jump off bike and scream like a girl" more times than I care to remember! Guess I'll be letting my brother in law take the lead on the first laps.
    Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance you must keep moving. ~ Albert Einstein

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2