mtbr member
    Jul 2013

Are there any groups in the Doral, FL area?

Hey all,

I'm receiving my Airborne Seeker this Saturday and I'd like to find other mbikers to ride around.

Let me know if you have any information.

Thanks,

Mat

Hi There!
    While you're waiting to see if anyone responds with a group answer, have you ridden the trails around here yet? If so, which ones? Most of the local trails have a facebook page you can try posting there, lots of group ride talk.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/358155554226136/

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Oleta...34173823325713
    NTFTC

mtbr member
    Jul 2013
    Nice, I don't have a Facebook account but it seems there's a reason to create one now. I haven't ride here at all, it's going to be my first bike in 10 years!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 4

Hi There!
    Well the closest trails to you would be either Oleta River State Park or Virginia Key State Park, both of those are well-liked by the folks down there. I'm up in Boca Raton and haven't ridden Virginia Key but I've been meaning to. Oleta is okay, but IMO I don't think the trails are marked very well. If I was coming down that way my first choice would be Amelia Earhart Park in Hialeah. You might want to try Virginia Key first. Here's the website for the Virginia Key club, not facebook:

Virginia Key Bicycle Club
    NTFTC

mtbr member
    May 2005
    I'd go to Amelia first. Fast and flowy and probably the easiest of all the trails but very fun. Vkey is the best all around trail in the south but I don't get down there that often because I also live in West Palm. Oleta has the most distance with a lots of rocks and roots but there is easier routes once you know the system.

mtbr member
    Jul 2013
    Wonderful, thank you guys!

mtbr member
    May 2005
    If you are a new rider, stick with Amelia and ride it over and over to develop your skills and physical condition. A nice plus, is that it's free during the week. Unfortunately with all the rain it has been closed a fair bit, but in a few months it won't be an issue. The trail is easy to follow, has something for everyone, and there always riders out there you can learn from.

Hi There!
    Well, did you take that thing out yet? Let's hear about it.
    NTFTC

mtbr member
    Jul 2013
    Arrives today!!!!!

mtbr member
    Aug 2013
    For flat lands we do have some sweet trails in s fla. I have been riding the major trails regularly for a while now and my favorites are:
    1)Markham (most technical, the only one I feel exhausted after)
    2)Virginia key
    3)Amelia earnhart/oleta river(tied)

mtbr member
    Aug 2013
    Well, hows the new bike and which trail did you hit up?

mtbr member
    Jul 2013
    Haven't hit any trial yet, catching up on just basic riding, it's been more than ten years haha. Other than that, I'm very happy with the new bike, trying to not screw it up!

mtbr member
    Aug 2013
    Thats good to hear man, but sorry to burst your bubble....as a former crouch rocket rider...i think it is safe to say that the old saying also applies to mountain bikers: There are two types of riders....those who have gone down and those who will. I think you should try easier trails like amelia first. By no means am I an expert, as I still have some learning to do, however I try and to go balls out. I live in the kendall area and usually go riding alone. Let me know if you ever want to meet up...john

mtbr member
    Jul 2013
    Hey John, that would be great, I don't have a friend to go with and that would make it a lot easier since it will be my first time, I'm always afraid of something bad happening and having to figure it out by myself. Can you send me your email by PM? Maybe we can meet up at the park Saturday or Sunday morning. That would be awesome!

mtbr member
    Aug 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Mat1982 View Post
    Hey John, that would be great, I don't have a friend to go with and that would make it a lot easier since it will be my first time, I'm always afraid of something bad happening and having to figure it out by myself. Can you send me your email by PM? Maybe we can meet up at the park Saturday or Sunday morning. That would be awesome!
    Just PM'ed you.