Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    mtbr member
    Not sure, they may hold the mud (if it stays wet.) I would think you would be ok unless you have the money to spare. It is a lot of dragging the rear wheel there anyway.

-Brett

mtbr member
    May 2011
    Anyone know how much rain they're expecting overnight? Or what the trail generally looks like a couple of days after rain?

mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Petti the Yeti View Post
    Anyone know how much rain they're expecting overnight? Or what the trail generally looks like a couple of days after rain?
    wunderground.com/US/TN/Oak_Ridge.html

Looks like one more good storm tonight. Been raining off and on all day today. Never ridden up there, but except for this week it has been pretty dry lately, so it'll dry out relatively quickly I would think.

mtbr member
    May 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by MaynardSouthern View Post
    wunderground.com/US/TN/Oak_Ridge.html

Looks like one more good storm tonight. Been raining off and on all day today. Never ridden up there, but except for this week it has been pretty dry lately, so it'll dry out relatively quickly I would think.
    I hope so. I don't particularly want to buy new tires, but since I just got paid, I guess it couldn't hurt to have some backups...

My friend and I will probably be heading out tonight to get out there. If not, early Saturday morning. But we will definitely be there all weekend.

mtbr member
    May 2011
    Lessons learned from today:

1. Don't trust videos of a trail. On Youtube, Windrock looked a LOT more tame than it really was.
    2. Don't bring the wrong bike based on what the trail looks like on Youtube. My Banshee was completely out classed in every way for that place. Next time, I'll be rolling on the Sunday.
    3. Don't flub what should have been an easy drop off, and smash your hip into a rock basically first thing in the morning, rendering you unable to ride the rest of the day.
    4. Raffles are awesome. New hubs for me!

banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Petti the Yeti View Post
    Lessons learned from today:

1. Don't trust videos of a trail. On Youtube, Windrock looked a LOT more tame than it really was.
    2. Don't bring the wrong bike based on what the trail looks like on Youtube. My Banshee was completely out classed in every way for that place. Next time, I'll be rolling on the Sunday.
    3. Don't flub what should have been an easy drop off, and smash your hip into a rock basically first thing in the morning, rendering you unable to ride the rest of the day.
    4. Raffles are awesome. New hubs for me!
    Fallfest day one was great, the weather was perfect and the trails had "Magic" dirt on them

Petti video's always smooth out the trails, Windrock is a steep narfest,I've got a season pass and ride there alot and forget that most people are shocked at how steep and rocky it is.Did you win the I-9 hubs?????Lucky!

Jay13 good to meet you - it looked like you were killin it on that dirtbag

The best part of my day was 3 times I hit the creek gap the shuttle trailer was right there and caught a ride back to the top

Jackalope Hunter
    Quote Originally Posted by motobutane View Post
    Fallfest day one was great, the weather was perfect and the trails had "Magic" dirt on them

Petti video's always smooth out the trails, Windrock is a steep narfest,I've got a season pass and ride there alot and forget that most people are shocked at how steep and rocky it is.Did you win the I-9 hubs?????Lucky!

Jay13 good to meet you - it looked like you were killin it on that dirtbag

The best part of my day was 3 times I hit the creek gap the shuttle trailer was right there and caught a ride back to the top
    Wow what an awesome weekend. Saturdays conditions were the best i've seen there so far. Primo dirt too, just enough moisture to make traction killer. Sunday was a little drier but still was great. I got some good footage on the go pro, i'll post it when its edited. Good to meet you too moto! The Fl crew will be back next year, can't wait!
    B Team represent

OMBA/IMBA Bike Patrol

mtbr member
    May 2005
    Jay, lots of fun riding again. Sorry to bail on Sunday but the 2 nights in the campground sleeping in my car and been gone from home so long. When I woke up I just wanted to get on the road.

Yeti, I was behind you when you hit that rock and when I got to the intersection I heard you buddy say "he sould have brought his Sunday." Didn't realize that ruined your day. Every time I go there, I still shocked by the steepness and tech. You have to be watching very foot it seams like.

Moto, might have meet ya but don't recall. Met alot of new people this year. See ya next time.

Jackalope Hunter
    Yeah Don, Always good riding with you... I wondered what happened to you but figured you decided to get an early start. We only did 5 runs on Sunday. I messed up my (new) chain guide on run 2 but fortunately was able to get it working well enough to ride. After the 5th run it was noon and time to head back. We made good time though, I was home in otown by 10pm. I got some good footage but it'll take a while to edit. Here's a shot of me off the creek gap that came out pretty good...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Tennessee - Windrock DH runs-jay-gap.jpg  

B Team represent

OMBA/IMBA Bike Patrol

mtbr member
    Dec 2011

windrock trip!

Looking to take a trip around the 5th or so and im from KY and have never been looking to meet up and ride with some one that knows the trails. thanks

Cow Clicker
    No, YOU don't understand. You're making an ass of yourself for all of eternity.

Jackalope Hunter
    South Forum on ridemonkey.com is where the WR locals post...
    B Team represent

OMBA/IMBA Bike Patrol

mtbr member
    Also check out the Windrock xc/dh page on facebook we created recently. There are going to be riders there on the Saturday the 5th and Sunday the 6th!!

-Brett

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2