mtbr member
    Sep 2009

New question here. Tanasi and Brush Creek Trail Conditions?

Opinions for Sunday 10/30/2011. Will it be too muddy or good to go? I'm thinking of Old Copper Road + Brush Creek. Anybody have a visual from today?
    Thanks.

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    Since it seemed Old Copper Road would be quite wet in places, I opted to ride on the other side of the river clockwise, up Bear Paw, to Chestnut Mountain, to Poplar Hollow, to FS 45 then rode up to FS 221 and took a right and climbed for a while for some spectacular views of the colors. That's a lot of climbing - not sure how much as I do not have a means of tracking it but I was mostly climbing for the first hour or more until I topped out somewhere on FS 221 (with the exception of Popular Hollow which is downhill in the clockwise fashion). I must have been in granny gear half the ride:-( By that time I was getting short on daylight so I rode back down 221 to 45 and down to Rhododendron back to the Whitewater Center. I didn't have any problems with trail conditions over there, although I did ride through a few shallow puddles. Of course, very little of that resembles single track anyway - it's mostly rough double track. I suppose the Tanasi trails are a pretty good wet weather option due to the predominance of rocky double track. Should be perfect for the next few days . . . until the next rain storm.

Anybody know if that is Little Frog Mountain in the attachment?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Tanasi and Brush Creek Trail Conditions?-13_fs221red.jpg