Thread: Swamp club?

mtbr member

Swamp club?

ive been in the tampa area for several months and for my first real ride i hit up flatwoods and did the main trail, while there i noticed many a groups of people with swamp club clothes. ive been to the web site and it looks interesting, im thinking of joining, but what does joining get me? id love to hear from some actual members if your out there.

mtbr member

$20 bucks

I believe its still $20, right? Its a good deal. SWAMP is a very well run organization. Membership gets you discounts at some LBS's, invitations to several party-type get togethers per year and frequent guided group rides. You also have the opportunity to do trailwork, which is a good time to get together and hack up some trails, talk bikes, meet people and whatnot.

mtbr member
    Jan 2005
    I think it's $25 now, big money. You get to be one of the cool people who help create and maintain the 100+ miles of trails in the region. You get good maps, skills clinics, group rides, discounts at bike shops, you get to buy cool jerseys and stuff for cheap. It's a real nice crowd.

There are other Swamp trails in the area you should also try: Alafia, Boyette and Croom in no particular order.

Oh, and trail work counts against your renewal. Work a few times a year and it won't cost and you get a free hat. How cool is that.

Ron

mtbr member
    sounds really good to me, ill have to hit up Alafia, ive been hearing some awsome stuff about it.