Thread: stolen bike!

mtbr member
    Mar 2009

stolen bike!

I had my 19" ironhorse MKIII Comp stolen from my property. It has white wellgo flat pedals, fox rear shock, rock shocks fork. Rear tire is very warn, front tire is half tread. Chain was replaced a while ago and has an obvious link in it. The bike was pretty stock so anything that might indicate it was mine I'm trying to list. It had some light orange clay stains on the underside of the frame. Wheels are slighty bent so they are visably a little out of round!! If you see this bike around, please call me!!! 3522014899. I live in hernando. Btw it's white/pearl, like a matte color. Can't believe this crap.

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    The bike in the picture is not my bike, however it looks almost identical. Like i said it has Wellgo white flats. It also has maxxis tires.

TRANCER
    Damn! Sorry to hear that dude. Hope you get your ride back soon. I think id kill someone if mine was stolen. Good luck man.
    Ride

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    That sucks man,,,

And everyone makes fun of me because I have 3 bikes hanging from the ceiling of my guest bedroom. This is why. Because people suck.

God I hate thieves. Good luck.

ChiliPepper1
    What a total bummer bro!

I will definitely keep an eye open for it on the road, trails, and online for sale as well. Hope you get it back soon in one piece.

29 some of the time...
    So you are hoping we will find your bike, which is just about stock, with nothing real to go on other that white Wellgo pedals

Wish you luck, but without a serial number to go by you are pretty much SOL on getting it back. Best bet is to keep an eye on the local bulletin boards and Craigslist to see if one shows up at a curiously low price.
    Quote Originally Posted by saturnine
    that's the stupidest idea this side of pinkbike.

ChiliPepper1
    Quote Originally Posted by AL29er
    So you are hoping we will find your bike, which is just about stock, with nothing real to go on other that white Wellgo pedals
    Jeez, so enthusiastic. I applaud you for your impeccable charm.

Yeah, a serial # would work better, but who in there right mind want to advertise that. Think about it! A picture would be suffice with a a better description though. All in all, I hope the man gets his bike back.

TRANCER
    Did you report it to the police? Is your bikes serial numberregistered etc? If not then maybe you should. My bike is registered with Giant and my lbs on their computer. That way if anyone tries to sell it if it gets stolen.
    Ride

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    Your right al29er, I'll just give up! I mean, what's $1,500 really? My bike was setup great didn't need to upgrade and I neglected to record my serial number, I didn't think it would even have one to tell you the truth.

Serial number would work for the cops but I bet 9 out of 10 people wouldn't ask someone to stop and step off their bike so you can check the #.

I appreciate the helpful people though! And I'm sure most of you are that 10% that would ask.

Btw, yes I filed a police report.

29 some of the time...
    Sorry, subtlety is not one of my strong suits

I was being a bit concise, but the main point I was making is that is a high volume/mass production bike. Lots made and sold in the US. The pedals are also mass production, cheap, and there are tons of them floating around. It would be ill advised to detain anyone with a bike matching that description. Without a serial number or any distinguishing marks (worn tires don't count) even the police aren't going to take a bike out of one persons possession and give it to another person just on their word. About the only exception would be if there was a bum or junkie rolling it around.

I wish you luck, but fear this was a learning experience for you. Next time you will have a serial number jotted down and I would recommend doing a few things to personalize it so it is easily recognized.
    Quote Originally Posted by saturnine
    that's the stupidest idea this side of pinkbike.