Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    36

    Southern SingleSpeed Champiionships

    Listen up chuts! You think you're hot ****? Well you're not. Or maybe you are. This is your chance to prove you've got the guts, legs and liver to earn the title: Southern Singlespeed Champion. That's right, we're goin Regional this year to let our people in South Carolina, North Carolina, Tennessee, and other Southern swindlers join in the fun. If your state says "y'all" and was on the losing side of The War of Northern Aggression, you're invited to this slam jam great time. September 21 and 22 will be a weekend to remember so mark your calendar for camping, racing, camaraderie, and tomfoolery with the fastest legs in the South. We'll bring you the trademark Faster Mustache experience. You bring your friends, family, and enemies. We'll post race formats, times, categories and registration information soon. We're gathering at Paynes Creek Trail System and Camp Ground in Hartwell, GA. See you There!

    More info at: https://www.facebook.com/events/167831303397588/

  2. #2
    Bro Mountainbiker
    Reputation: Sheepo5669's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    3,501
    SIKKKKKKKKK.

    Prepare to get master blaster'd with my rollers of doom.
    Raised in a Chicken-Coop by Chickens

  3. #3
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    9
    I'm thinking about it, but there's a 6 hour within riding distance of my home (the first one on new trails) that weekend too - tough call! Up The Creek 6-Hour Endurance Mountain Bike Race | PTS Sports

  4. #4
    mtbr member
    Reputation: 7daysaweek's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    1,366
    Anyone care to share local trail conditions? I'm coming down from Raleigh (NC) and I'm wondering if I should go ahead and swap my ikon for a nobby nic or hold off and see how it looks on raceday.

  5. #5
    Bro Mountainbiker
    Reputation: Sheepo5669's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    3,501
    Quote Originally Posted by 7daysaweek View Post
    Anyone care to share local trail conditions? I'm coming down from Raleigh (NC) and I'm wondering if I should go ahead and swap my ikon for a nobby nic or hold off and see how it looks on raceday.
    I'm in atlanta which is 2 hrs away, but we have not had any rain here lately...
    If assume its dry up there too.

    But, there is a 80% chance of storms Saturday. In that case, trails may be wet.

    The ikon should be perfect if the weather is dry. If trails are sloppy, that nobby Nicholas should be a great choice. Maybe a little big... But they have handled muddy races well for me in the past.

    I'll be on Ikons or maxxis beavers depending on conditions.
    Raised in a Chicken-Coop by Chickens

  6. #6
    mtbr member
    Reputation: 7daysaweek's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    1,366
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheepo5669 View Post
    I'm in atlanta which is 2 hrs away, but we have not had any rain here lately...
    If assume its dry up there too.

    But, there is a 80% chance of storms Saturday. In that case, trails may be wet.

    The ikon should be perfect if the weather is dry. If trails are sloppy, that nobby Nicholas should be a great choice. Maybe a little big... But they have handled muddy races well for me in the past.

    I'll be on Ikons or maxxis beavers depending on conditions.
    I rode the Nobby Nic just to be safe but the trail was in perfect shape. Those trails are really a great time.


    P.S. - Does anyone know if results have been posted anywhere?

  7. #7
    Bro Mountainbiker
    Reputation: Sheepo5669's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    3,501
    Quote Originally Posted by 7daysaweek View Post
    I rode the Nobby Nic just to be safe but the trail was in perfect shape. Those trails are really a great time.


    P.S. - Does anyone know if results have been posted anywhere?
    Can't speak on results, but I do remember who won
    Raised in a Chicken-Coop by Chickens

Similar Threads

  1. Southern SingleSpeed Champiionships
    By beautox in forum Singlespeed
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 08-22-2013, 04:49 PM
  2. Southern SingleSpeed Champiionships
    By beautox in forum North & South Carolina
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-30-2013, 07:28 PM
  3. Replies: 41
    Last Post: 09-27-2012, 08:56 AM
  4. WFO near southern NH
    By dan0 in forum 29er Bikes
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 08-26-2011, 08:40 AM
  5. Southern VT/NH
    By MtnBikinDude in forum Vermont, New Hampshire, Maine
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-24-2011, 05:16 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •