mtbr member
    Aug 2007

Southeast Trail Guide

After resolving some technological difficulties, the Southeast Trail Guide fully functional again.

If you are not familiar with the Southeast Trail Guide , it is a free on-line trail guide established by the Chattanooga Chapter of SORBA, which lists detailed information, in a standard format, including maps and pictures, for over 300 mountain bike accessible trails in the Southeast. This number continues to grow weekly.

Here are some screen shots:

This is the opening page. To navigate, simply select the state you are interested in, then chose the park where you wish to ride.

Once you have selected a park's page you will see detailed information in a standard easy to follow format.

Each page also lists trail conditions submitted by users. Please consider submitting trail conditions information
    by clicking on the "Add post" link at the top of the Trail Conditions box. (Note, you may have to register for the
    SORBA-Chattanooga forums to be able to post trail conditions. We had to do this thwart spam-bots.)

If you know of a trail that is not listed in the guide, you can submit it by completing our easy to use
    on-line submission form that allows you to upload pictures and maps. Please include as much information as possible.

If you would like to send in a correction or additional content for a trail that is already listed, please email it to: info(a)sorbachattanooga.org

The guide is set up in an iFrame so it can easily be added to your site, by adding a few lines of code. We are
    offering this to any club free of charge. There are currently three sites (TMBA, NMB Forums, Cycle TN) that are
    taking advantage of this and we encourage others to do the same. All we ask is you send us an email letting us know
    you are making use of the guide. To add to your site, copy the iFrame code below and past into the appropriate location in your site.

PHP Code:
    <iframe src="http://www.sorbachattanooga.org/trails/trail_guide.php" name="trail_guide_frame" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" height="2500px" width="772px"></iframe

Thank you. Enjoy the guide.

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    Two more websites have added the Southeast Trail Guide:

The Middle Tennessee Chapter of SORBA and the Gwinnett Area Trail Riders.

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    Another site, SORBA-Woodstock, just added the Southeast Trail Guide to their site.

Check it out!

mtbr member
    Aug 2006
    A guide such as this would be so much more useful if there were actually points on a map, as opposed to city lists. If I'm not from an area, I have no idea where these cities are within the state, and so often (at least in my case) my trips are defined by where I can ride on the way to my final destination. Is anyone aware of such a map for GA/FL?

And don't get me wrong, I am thankful for this resource, it's just infinitely harder to use given my circumstances.

www.airbornemtb.org
    also seems like alot of popular fla trails are missing, and no im not talking about ours
    Quote Originally Posted by HamfisT
    I understand that engineering has value in and of itself. But in the end, it's still just a pile of aluminum tubes.

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by nick d
    also seems like alot of popular fla trails are missing, and no im not talking about ours
    Trail submission form here: http://www.sorbachattanooga.org/trai...trail_data.php

Semi-Hairless Sasquatch
    Quote Originally Posted by kardy View Post
    A guide such as this would be so much more useful if there were actually points on a map, as opposed to city lists. If I'm not from an area, I have no idea where these cities are within the state, and so often (at least in my case) my trips are defined by where I can ride on the way to my final destination. Is anyone aware of such a map for GA/FL?

And don't get me wrong, I am thankful for this resource, it's just infinitely harder to use given my circumstances.
    +1 here. Got a free place to stay for a weekend in TN but have no idea what's around there to ride.

As is it's very useful, but could be improved by making each state's main page a google map or some such w/ each of the trail locations displayed.

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    Would probably be labor intensive at this point, but might also be nice to include some directions to the trailheads. At this point, I think this resource is a starting point then you basically have to type in the trail in Google and look for more info.

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    Is there somewhere I can find overnight trails?

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocklion View Post
    Would probably be labor intensive at this point, but might also be nice to include some directions to the trailheads. At this point, I think this resource is a starting point then you basically have to type in the trail in Google and look for more info.
    The feature you were requesting has been in existence since the trail guides inception.

Each trail's page contains this linkable image:

All you have to do click it and it will take you to a Google Map with a flag noting either the trail head, or at a minimum, the entrance to the park. Click the "Directions" link in the left column, type in your starting address and click "Get Directions". While not all directions will drop you at the trail head, it will at least get you to the entrance to the park. From there all you have to do if follow signs or inquire at the park's office.

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    Wow great info! Just moved to GA. Thanks!

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    i will def use this!

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Looks like Oak Mountain (Birmingham, AL) will be a great starting point for me! Right down the road and no better way to get back into the sport than to refresh my memory!

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Sid Nitzerglobin View Post
    +1 here. Got a free place to stay for a weekend in TN but have no idea what's around there to ride.

As is it's very useful, but could be improved by making each state's main page a google map or some such w/ each of the trail locations displayed.
    Agreed. Trying to plan a roadtrip, and this site has been very helpful for finding nice roads.
    Georgia Motorcycle Roads & Rides - Best Georgia motorcycle routes for planning great Georgia motorcycle trips | Motorcycle Roads and Rides | MotorcycleRoads.com
    Having all of the trail gps info on Google Earth, similar to the above site, would make it very easy to figure out whats trails are near your route.

mtbr member
    May 2012
    Thanks! I will use this. I have a buddy who I will be riding with a lot so this most of the trails he probably knows about.

lurkkid
    May 2012
    I'm driving through Nashville area this week - any recommendations for best singlespeed trail nearby?

Killer of Chains
    Feb 2004
    SORBA should really update the trail guide to KML shapes for each individual trail system on a single map. The Georgia Motorcycle Roads Map is a great example.

As a possible future resident of a southern city, I really want to find someplace that has close "out-the-backdoor" proximity to trailheads. I've resorted to putting the SORBA trail guide into a Google Fusion Table, then viewing that table in Google Maps. This works, sorta, but Google only sees and park name, not the exact location of the trail head or the trails.

Saucy Size Moderator
    404: Not found. :-(
    Don't be that guy! Read the forum guidelines.

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    Just getting started on an MTB instead of road bike. Any chance of reviving this? Links in first post are broken.

That's REEAAALLLL Nice

Edit

Quote Originally Posted by lucky53s View Post
    Just getting started on an MTB instead of road bike. Any chance of reviving this? Links in first post are broken.
    Don't know if this will help, but an internet search just yielded the following link. I think it will help me, as I'm new to Mtn Biking outside of North Carolina.

https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msid...24378,2.458191
    Last edited by BlueSteel; 4 Weeks Ago at 06:36 AM. Reason: misspell

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    That is awesome for those in or around Atlanta. I found this link compliments of PHeller in a Florida thread. Can you mention people in this forum? @PHeller? Maybe he/she would be willing to make this more of a shared thing and let people recommend ones to be added. We have two close to my house that aren't on there.

https://www.google.com/fusiontables/...hml=GEOCODABLE