mtbr member

Southeast Bike Expo

Anybody go last year? Did you camp?

I'll be going this year and I'm looking for info on the camping situation. I'm not talking about the RV parking, I'm mainly asking about the no-services camping they've listed on the registration page.

Is it an open field, first come first served and you choose from whatever's left when you get there or are there designated spots that you can reserve? Is it at least a grassy field or is it a dirt lot that turns to mud (Bonnaroo-style) when it rains? What are the facilities like, are there bathrooms with hot showers or a long row of portalets? Are there any food vendors within a reasonable walking distance or am I going to want to bring groceries?

Any info you guys might have would be appreciated.
    I'm enjoying my childhood way too much to ever give it up.

mtbr member
    NVM, I got a really good answer back to the email I sent to the organizers. Just FYI for anyone considering this; it's open camping, toilets but no showers, food vendors are only inside the expo so totally self-supported.

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    Is something like this going to be of interest to a total NOOB like me or is it going to be overwhelming with all the products and prices! I'm riding a 12 year old Trek and haven't even ventured off of the beginner trails yet but I'm trying to stick with it for the overall fun and fitness of the sport.

not so super...
    Great place to throw a leg over a lot of different bikes and get it on the trail.
    Nothing to see here.

mtbr member
    I'm glad I went, it was a really good experience.

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    I went on sat and rode a camber and trance 29er. The 29er had stands tubeless and loved the mud! Trek would not let their bikes go out so I ended up buying two trance x 29ers when I got home. I loved the expo!