mtbr member

South Side Spartanburg Rides

Does anyone know if there are still regular rides at South Side on Tuesday's? I can't get any feedback from the umba website or the mtb guy with the freewheelers. If not Tuesdays, are there any regular rides there?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by SCHomer
    Does anyone know if there are still regular rides at South Side on Tuesday's? I can't get any feedback from the umba website or the mtb guy with the freewheelers. If not Tuesdays, are there any regular rides there?
    I ride there irregularly if that counts.
    I found this on their web-site...
    Tuesday Night Rides! Quentin's Tuesday night rides will now be at 6:15 pm. Check out the information on the club Scheduled Events or Ride Calendar pages. Monday Night Rides are no more!. In an effort to get more people to a single weekly ride, our Monday night group ride is now joined with our Tuesday night ride.
    One thing that caught my eye was that they show a time trial series in 2005 but no dates set. Anyone have info on this? They had one about 3 or 4 years ago and it was a blast.
    Lou.
    04 Stumpjumper FSR Pro
    Airborne Ti HT
    Trek Rigid SS - No suspension, no gears....no problem

mtbr member
    Aug 2005

trail condition?

rode the trail a few weeks ago (several days) after the BIG rain. the river was still moving pretty fast and you could see where it look like at one time it rose 10 - 15 feet. many parts were washed away and some were still flooded. how is the trail now.

mtbr member
    There's sand now on parts that didn't have it before. Roots are getting to be a bear, though, with the trails packing down. Other than that it still brings a smile.
    Lou.
    04 Stumpjumper FSR Pro
    Airborne Ti HT
    Trek Rigid SS - No suspension, no gears....no problem