MTB'er in Training
    Dec 2006

Silver Comet Trail ~ Smyrna, GA

Ok...I am trying to determine where the mountain bike section of the silver comet is in relation to my house. I live in the Smyrna area...my wife and I have gone walking on the comet down a little from South Cobb Drive...but have no idea what mile marker we start...

If I was at the South Cobb/East-West Connector intersection are their good driving directions to make it near a pull in point to be close to the mountain bike section I have read about?

Does that make any sense?

Al.
    Hooligan
    The trails you are looking for are located between Florence road (mile marker 11.6) and the Pumpkinvine Trestle. (MM 23) The mtb sections are marked with blue paint on the silver comet where they enter and exit, and are all on the south side of the trail.

for reference: http://silvercomet.tripod.com/wmap.html

thats right living legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Al.
    The trails you are looking for are located between Florence road (mile marker 11.6) and the Pumpkinvine Trestle. (MM 23) The mtb sections are marked with blue paint on the silver comet where they enter and exit, and are all on the south side of the trail.

for reference: http://silvercomet.tripod.com/wmap.html

I live in Bham but my GF lives across the street from the SC trail. I've searched and searched but never found these blue markers. I don't live there myself so I have no idea what these roads/ places are, so can I ask if it might be "any where near" hmmm "what's close" ummm this bike shop, covered bridge, this little trail area called Nikka Jack creek???

If anyone knows I'd appreciate it.

All 26.5" all the time!
    The blue markers are nothing more than small blue sploches of spray paint on the edges of the trail surface. You have to really pay close attention to find them.

To get you started, park at the Hiram lot and head west. You should see some of the blue markers in the first half mile or so.

MTB'er in Training
    Dec 2006
    Ok...so coming from Smyrna, GA...how far of a drive are we talking? Any correct directions on how to get there driving wise? I am HORRIBLE with direction!! haha

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    Go to http://www.trailexpress.com/silvercomet/maps.php

Click on the links to the Florence Rd. or Hiram trailheads for directions to those places. Florence Rd. should be about 20 minutes from Smyrna, Hiram about 25-30 minutes.

blackagness - you gotta know where you are before you know where you are going. The mtb sections are west of the area you are talking about though. Y'all are missing out on the best parts of the trail if you only stick to the parts in Cobb County.

thats right living legend

Instinct...

Quote Originally Posted by Sweetwater

blackagness - you gotta know where you are before you know where you are going. The mtb sections are west of the area you are talking about though. Y'all are missing out on the best parts of the trail if you only stick to the parts in Cobb County.

I just follow my nose baby! I've got finally honed "instincts".

12% of the time... it works everytime.

Horses and Bikes, Oh My!
    You need to ask at www.atlbike.org. The trail crew uses that site.