Man up
    Sep 2010

Saturday morning San Felasco

Edit for 10/2: Making the weekly trip to San Felasco this Saturday. Will be riding at 8 am and have to be back to the parking area by 10ish. Should be a beautiful low 60's morning. Rush concert in Tampa tonight and then a long drive back, so I'm going to be slow tomorrow Also dropped a tooth on the rear sprocket...I'm such a whiner.
    Jesse
    Last edited by orion_134; 10-01-2010 at 01:18 PM.
    '08 GF Montare
    '10 Rockhopper SS
    Semper Fidelis
    02-10 SSGT of Marines
    (Most) always down for a ride in the Gville area

Fast bike-slow rider
    Hey, I may make it out there. I am new to the Gainesville area and have only ridden Felasco twice. Just curious though, how fast a pace do you guys ride? I am a bit on the slow side....

Man up
    Sep 2010
    Not very fast, but that's rather subjective. I've only been riding a couple months, and my buddy is brand new so we aren't pros. This isn't a race, just out for a nice ride.
    Jesse
    '08 GF Montare
    '10 Rockhopper SS
    Semper Fidelis
    02-10 SSGT of Marines

Fast bike-slow rider
    I am pretty new as well and am not a racer. I will try and make it out there Sat a.m., would be good to ride with some other people. Do you hit the weeknight rides too? I think I may try and make the Mr. Goodbike ride tonight as well. The in-town trails are pretty fun even if some of the stuff is a little beyond my skill/comfort level at the moment.

Man up
    Sep 2010
    Yes, I'm definitely going, I'll see you there!
    Jesse
    '08 GF Montare
    '10 Rockhopper SS
    Semper Fidelis
    02-10 SSGT of Marines

Man up
    Sep 2010
    Good ride tonight, going to Bikes and More ride on Friday, but Saturday is still a go.
    Jesse
    '08 GF Montare
    '10 Rockhopper SS
    Semper Fidelis
    02-10 SSGT of Marines

Its got what plants crave
    Yeah last night was a long ride. Only 4 or 5 people actually finished the whole thing. It was 18 miles by Scott's GPS. Fun times, nice to have a night with cooler weather.
    Ocala Mountain Bike Association - www.omba.org

Man up
    Sep 2010
    Hmm, I don't remember a Jim...but I didn't catch everyone's names. I was definitely down for finishing but I didn't have a light so I left after we met up at Streit's. Did those two we left at Streit's ever catch up?
    Jesse
    '08 GF Montare
    '10 Rockhopper SS
    Semper Fidelis
    02-10 SSGT of Marines

I never saw those two man, we just left and assumed they did the same. I was the guy that was riding in front of you at that last section near Streits. White/silver Kona 29er, I was wearing a grey jersey with a green Dakine pack.

Man up
    Sep 2010
    Oh, with the Magicshine? Cool beans, and I'm definitely digging that pack. I'm riding Bikes and More tonight if it isn't raining, same story tomorrow morning...heard it's supposed to get kind of nasty this weekend.
    Jesse
    '08 GF Montare
    '10 Rockhopper SS
    Semper Fidelis
    02-10 SSGT of Marines

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    I am riding San Felasco tomorrow morning as well. But it's been a hellish week so activities tonight will prevent an arrival around 7:30.

We're getting there around 9:30 or 10 (probably closer to the 10 number). Will be my wife, myself, and a friend. Will be in a Green Subaru Forester with two Kona Cinder Cones and friend in a blue Chevy Silverado (and he's bald).

Anyone is welcome. Won't be a super fast ride as wife and I both just got over the crud.

I still need to make it to another GB ride. I went to one but was limited by no light. So I will have to get a light before I go again.

Man up
    Sep 2010
    We'll probably see you on the way back. I'll be the only guy on San Felasco with bar ends
    '08 GF Montare
    '10 Rockhopper SS
    Semper Fidelis
    02-10 SSGT of Marines

Man up
    Sep 2010
    Well, definitely was a slow one today. Buddy brought a friend who had never biked, he showed up with old rusted Next that looked like it has spent the last ten years outside a shed. He walked most of the way, I spent most of the ride in a track-stand Ran into pointerdixie214 and fotojesse at the parking lot and completely regretted not driving today so that I could've turned around and went on their ride. Ah well. Got some log-clearing practice while waiting for the slow ones, and managed another standing clipless-fail while talking to fotojesse. I'm good at those.
    Jesse
    '08 GF Montare
    '10 Rockhopper SS
    Semper Fidelis
    02-10 SSGT of Marines

Fast bike-slow rider
    Yeah, it was a good ride at San Felasco today. Pointerdixie214 and Matt were kind enough to wait for me and show me around some of the other trails out there. My legs were a little more fried from the Bikes and More ride last night than I thought. It was good to put a face to the name, I will see you out on the trails.

Man up
    Sep 2010
    Yeah, Friday is a hard night, roughly the same speed as Wednesday but with no breaks. I won't ride Monday but I'll hopefully be out Wednesday with my new light.
    Jesse
    '08 GF Montare
    '10 Rockhopper SS
    Semper Fidelis
    02-10 SSGT of Marines

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    Nice to see/meet you guys again.

Weather was great for the ride today. Probably got about 12 miles or so in before packing it in.

Jesse (orion)- your standing clip fail was more than pre-empted by the wicked awesome log clear you did coming into the lot. I now must master that as well. Although without the inevitable clip fail.

Jesse (foto)- Good to ride again. Holler whenever you want to go because I am usually game if I have a few hours notice. Later!

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    Sorry- this is pointerDixie214 signed into my wife's account again. Blast having two computers.

Man up
    Sep 2010
    Yeah, I had plenty of practice today because we were going so slow, I'd pretty much try to hop anything I saw. Next task for me is to try that little tabletop-rock right at the first corner...it's been calling my name since I first saw it. I'm tempted to go out this afternoon for an actual ride, otherwise it might be quick ride tomorrow before church. Just have to hope an early-bird clears the spiderwebs for me
    Edit: was wondering who Jen was because I didn't remember any girl witnessing my fail, that would've been even worse...
    Jesse
    '08 GF Montare
    '10 Rockhopper SS
    Semper Fidelis
    02-10 SSGT of Marines

I have looked at that big rock but the run in sucks and it's tough to carry enough speed to be able to drop the other side. I can get up on top easy but it's riding the drop off that's tough.

Man up
    Sep 2010
    I'll eye it better on the way in next time I ride, I always think about it when I'm exhausted on the way out.
    '08 GF Montare
    '10 Rockhopper SS
    Semper Fidelis
    02-10 SSGT of Marines

Man up
    Sep 2010
    Planning another trip tomorrow. Hope to see y'all out there.
    '08 GF Montare
    '10 Rockhopper SS
    Semper Fidelis
    02-10 SSGT of Marines

You should hit Hailes Trails instead, it's only open twice a year, and it's open tomorrow.

Man up
    Sep 2010
    Can only make it out for a morning ride before I the wife drags me to a wedding. Trust me, I'd love to get out there. When is the second time it's open?
    '08 GF Montare
    '10 Rockhopper SS
    Semper Fidelis
    02-10 SSGT of Marines

Man up
    Sep 2010
    Another great ride this morning before I coop myself up in the car to go to a wedding. 62 degrees and it felt great. Met up with two locals and we rode out to Hidden Rise via Canebrake and Ravine. The rains have made the ground perfect. I dropped a tooth on the rear cog and while noticeable, was definitely doable.
    Until next time,
    Jesse
    '08 GF Montare
    '10 Rockhopper SS
    Semper Fidelis
    02-10 SSGT of Marines

Man up
    Sep 2010
    Last minute alert: Ride tomorrow at 9 if anyone is down, or any time near there, I'm a little flexible.
    Jesse
    Edit: Hmm, I can't edit my original post, looks like I need to start a new one.
    '08 GF Montare
    '10 Rockhopper SS
    Semper Fidelis
    02-10 SSGT of Marines