mtbr member

Santos or graham swamp conditions?

Anybody know what the conditions for santos or graham swamp are after the rain? Itching to get out for a ride!

DILLIGAF
    perfect!

Jackalope Hunter
    Graham Swamp was great yesterday, recent rain has the sandy sections nicely tacked up. I did a lap there and then headed over and did two at Mala Compra. Both were damn near perfect.
    B Team represent

OMBA/IMBA Bike Patrol

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Hi there. I know this post is a little late, but I would add that I think Graham is better/faster after a rain as long as the trail doesn't suffer through an actual downpour.

My best rides there are after some wet weather...

Jackalope Hunter
    Quote Originally Posted by wheeljack View Post
    Hi there. I know this post is a little late, but I would add that I think Graham is better/faster after a rain as long as the trail doesn't suffer through an actual downpour.

My best rides there are after some wet weather...
    +1 the only time I go to Graham is a day or two after I know it has rained. When everywhere else is soupy Graham is prefect. (That said, Graham is a tad sandy for my tastes the rest of the time...)
    B Team represent

OMBA/IMBA Bike Patrol

Feel Good About Hood
    Just got back from my first ride @ Graham Swamp. Conditions seemed really good, a little sand here and there, nothing major. Mostly the last mile or so. That is a really cool trail. Some nice jumps that even I could hit. Those big boulders around the halfway mark are awesome. I didn't even realize that there were lines over them until I was almost past each one. Was solo with an empty parking lot so I didn't try them, next time.

Jackalope Hunter
    Quote Originally Posted by Pedal/Paddle View Post
    Just got back from my first ride @ Graham Swamp. Conditions seemed really good, a little sand here and there, nothing major. Mostly the last mile or so. That is a really cool trail. Some nice jumps that even I could hit. Those big boulders around the halfway mark are awesome. I didn't even realize that there were lines over them until I was almost past each one. Was solo with an empty parking lot so I didn't try them, next time.
    Those boulders are fun, but they are a lot tougher to get over than they used to be.
    B Team represent

OMBA/IMBA Bike Patrol

\m/{-_-}\m/
    I've done the dragon's back - or whatever they're calling it now - but I never sacked up enough to hit the two big ones after it. I love Graham, but I'm an XC guy so I never hit any of the jumps. I always take the path of least resistance in search of my next PR for lap times

mtbr member
    Never made it last weekend but am looking forward to it this weekend the only thing im worried about is the sand at graham if it dried up already.

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitch1171 View Post
    Never made it last weekend but am looking forward to it this weekend the only thing im worried about is the sand at graham if it dried up already.
    You are going to worry yourself out of going at all! LOL

Look, I think that trail is fun no matter what. It's got a little bit of everything and is laid out very nicely and taken care of really well.

Go out and enjoy it! There are some pretty challenging climbs and also some fairly challenging technical areas. I love it out there. To me, it's the most challenging of the Volusia/Flagler County trails. Without fail, I am never able to make it all the way through without being stopped (usually because I lose momentum or take a bad line) somewhere on the trail. One day I will, though... That will make it the most rewarding

Good riding-

J.