Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    UF Engineering Slave
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave In Florida
    Hammock Hub? Dude we barely made it out of Tung Nut alive!
    haha. I can't blame you, I wouldn't want to ride those trails on a singles peed.

mtbr member
    Like I said earlier on the first quarter of Tung Nut....that trail can Tounge my Nut.

Worst climb was the first one out in the meadow in the sun. The trail was very rough and it felt like I was cycling through Africa.

Overall I thought that was a great trail though. It was great getting out of my comfort zone and really pushing myself. I really enjoyed the last half of Tung Nut with all long somewhat technical descents, switch backs, and fast turns. Next time we need to check out those other loops towards the back of the park.
    Signature

Ultraglide In Black
    I rode out there after work this afternoon... skipped the first part of Tung Nut and rode the uphill along the powerline road instead, then hooked back up to Tung Nut at marker 10. That section from 10 to 13 kicks my ass on the uphills. One day I'll be able to stay on the damn bike through that whole part. I will, right?

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by A1an
    Like I said earlier on the first quarter of Tung Nut....that trail can Tounge my Nut.

Worst climb was the first one out in the meadow in the sun. The trail was very rough and it felt like I was cycling through Africa.

Overall I thought that was a great trail though. It was great getting out of my comfort zone and really pushing myself. I really enjoyed the last half of Tung Nut with all long somewhat technical descents, switch backs, and fast turns. Next time we need to check out those other loops towards the back of the park.
    I was thinking. Next time, we should ride the power line road to bypass that first quarter of Tung Nut. We can drop in at that awesome extended downhill section and work from there. That should leave us enough ass to do the other loops.

But only after November.
    Tampa Florida

07 Iron Horse Warrior 1.3
    07 Redline Monocog Flight 29er 1x9 (The Snot Rocket)

Its got what plants crave
    Yeah always skip that crap field riding section. Most of the locals do that, especially in the summer. It's miserable out in that heat so I like to spend as little time exposed as possible.

UF Engineering Slave
    Yea, no one in their right mind voluntarily rides the first 1/4 of Tung Nut. I've been forcing myself to lately just to train for the upcoming race, but it sucks.

As a side note, its MUCH more enjoyable in reverse, because its mostly downhill you can really push it through those sweeping corners, and my full suspension just soaks up the rough stuff at speed

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim311
    Yeah always skip that crap field riding section. Most of the locals do that, especially in the summer. It's miserable out in that heat so I like to spend as little time exposed as possible.
    NOW you tell us!
    Tampa Florida

07 Iron Horse Warrior 1.3
    07 Redline Monocog Flight 29er 1x9 (The Snot Rocket)

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    I made a new map, using gps data from Strava and then traced and colored it. Still a work in progress. Let me know if I made any mistakes!

It won't let me post images.. so remove the parenthesis

h(tt)p://i.imgur.(com)/aMdoF.jpg

mtbr member
    That's a great map!! I've mapped out most of the trails, but not the ones in the far back. Thanks for posting.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2