mtbr member
    May 2013

San Felasco this Sunday

I'll be trying this trail on Sunday for the first time.
    If you see a guy gasping for air and walking his bike its probly me.

mtbr member
    *LOL* If you walk, you'll become mosquito bait, so lather up with bug spray. I'll be riding Saturday morning and plan to hit the way back trails.
    2013 SC Tallboy C
    2011 Niner EMD9

mtbr member
    May 2013
    Ha! Deet it is.

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    Great riding. Conquistador and Tung Nut are lung/leg busters for sure.

Others are just all around great.
    Usually there are trail maps at trailhead. Here is a link to what I consider a "better" map as it shows all the work roads which allow for easy short cuts as needed.

http://www.sanfelasco.net/docs/SanFe...ils10-2011.pdf

To the left of Tortoise Tumble is a north/south service road. Runs under the powerlines. Easily accessed from Cellon. I would climb this road to the top and make a left onto Hammock Hub. You will know you are there as there is a table and memorial plaque. From there top of Hammock Hub to Sweetgum

I recommend Sweetgum out to Ravine and continue east. If you can deal with the heat go all the way to Hidden Rise.

Personally I would avoid Meadow View. Just a long ass ride in the open field across grass in the blazing Florida sun !

Enjoy!

mtbr member
    May 2013
    Great info sir, thank you very much. I'll print that map up and keep it in my hydro pack.
    Doubt I will venture much beyond the cellon loop on this trip tho, Still a little shy with my terrible cardio.

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebb_tide View Post
    Great info sir, thank you very much. I'll print that map up and keep it in my hydro pack.
    Doubt I will venture much beyond the cellon loop on this trip tho, Still a little shy with my terrible cardio.
    From trailhead where the maps are located you take the trail and it splits. You should go left topick up the lower part of Cellon. If you go right (like I did first time) you are stuck on Meadow View. The lower part of Cellon is less than a mile it will take you right to the powerline service road. You will know you are there as you enter a clearing and above you are the powerlines. Try the climbto the top. Not all that bad. From there your choice. Another option would be take the left onto Cellon at the start and where you enter the clearing where power lines are located make a left togo down a small hill this will lead to the other part of Cellon. you take a left to complete the Cellon loop.

Another option if you do not want to climb powerline road is take Bramble Ramble to Sweetgum.

I'm thinking if all you do is take Cellon Loop it will be maybe a 40 minute ride for you. Not bad mid day but early AM you might want a bit more.

I just may be out there Sunday. If so I'm PM you. Depends on plans with other half.

mtbr member
    May 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by drjay9051 View Post
    From trailhead where the maps are located you take the trail and it splits. You should go left topick up the lower part of Cellon. If you go right (like I did first time) you are stuck on Meadow View. The lower part of Cellon is less than a mile it will take you right to the powerline service road. You will know you are there as you enter a clearing and above you are the powerlines. Try the climbto the top. Not all that bad. From there your choice. Another option would be take the left onto Cellon at the start and where you enter the clearing where power lines are located make a left togo down a small hill this will lead to the other part of Cellon. you take a left to complete the Cellon loop.

Another option if you do not want to climb powerline road is take Bramble Ramble to Sweetgum.

I'm thinking if all you do is take Cellon Loop it will be maybe a 40 minute ride for you. Not bad mid day but early AM you might want a bit more.

I just may be out there Sunday. If so I'm PM you. Depends on plans with other half.
    Hey group ride on Sunday. Let me know I found a girl that rides also. Let me know if your girlfriend is riding also. That is cool that she rides BMX also. You got lucky.

mtbr member
    May 2013
    Ok sounds good fellas!

I'll be there about 8:45 AM and will be on a blk/orange Trek Mamba.

mtbr member
    Well, if you see a guy on a black Santa Cruz, that will be me. Rode today after work and just missed the rain.
    2013 SC Tallboy C
    2011 Niner EMD9

mtbr member
    May 2013
    So is everyone still riding in the morning??

mtbr member
    Alachua got a downpour late Friday afternoon, so I didn't ride this morning. Hopefully, it dried out today. I'll be riding in the morning. I believe Ebb-tide and Drjay were meeting up at the trailhead.
    2013 SC Tallboy C
    2011 Niner EMD9

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    I'll try to get out tomorrow as well. 8:45 sounds good.

I'll be on an Airborne Goblin. White frame, yellow/green grips and lines.

mtbr member
    May 2013
    I'll be out there fellas. Probly only ride with ya for a little bit tho as I don't wanna be "that guy" and hold you up. Give me a few weeks and I should be able to hang with ya. I hope!

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    Cannot make this morning. Enjoy.

mtbr member
    May 2013
    Just got back. The trail was nice, I'll definitely be going again for sure. I ended up just doing cellon twice before I started sucking wind and hitting my wall.

mtbr member
    Glad to hear. I was surprised to see that many cars/trucks at the trailhead this morning. I usually park across 441 at my office building the ride over. Anyway, it was a beautiful morning to ride, except the heat and humidity.
    2013 SC Tallboy C
    2011 Niner EMD9