mtbr member
    May 2012

Rundown of Trails surrounding Knoxville, TN area?

I am somewhat new to MTBing, anyone have a list of all the good bikes trails within 50 miles of the knoxville tennessee area?

**edit**
    Nevermind I found a list on this website, on that note what trails would best for beginners? any advice on said tracks?

mtbr member
    May 2011
    everything in town is somewhat technical, and maybe not the best for beginners unless you are ready to jump in the deep end. You might want to drive down to Chatty and hit up the Enterprise South trails as they are very well maintained with very little roots & rocks...mostly just fast and flowy dirt!

mtbr member
    May 2012
    I wouldn't mind. I will have a friend with me whose been riding those trails for years so I'm sure having him around won't hurt. Ill might have to go to Chat for a day and check that out, thanks for letting me know.

mtbr member
    May 2012
    I live and ride in Knoxville. I highly suggest the new "Dirty South" trail system that goes through Ijams Nature Center in South Knoxville. We have group rides on Tuesdays at 6pm. You are more than welcome to join. Message me if you want any more info or somebody to ride with.

mtbr member
    May 2012
    Yeah man that'd be sweet, me and my buddy talked about making tuesday and/or thursday nights our trail riding nights. I don't have a bike yet, however my buddy has a single speed i could use. Were talking about going out to I C King Park for our first ride.

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    There are some great trails at IC King, just don't bend over to pick anything up, if you know what I mean...

mtbr member
    May 2012
    IC KIng is literally only 10 minutes from my house. I plan on hitting it up once its dry

mtbr member
    May 2012
    I've riden IC KIng twice now, I really struggle on it to be honest, I guess its just a product of being green.

mtbr member
    Dec 2010
    I don't blame you. The time it took me to ride the "expert" trail there a little over a year ago on an old dept store bike was considerably longer than it now takes me on a newer better bike. There was a lot of pushing then too! A year of riding and getting in better shape and just learning the proper techniques has gone a long way. The switchbacks on Kimbles Ladder can be pretty tricky up and downhill until you do it a few times.

mtbr member
    May 2012
    Panther Creek in Morristown has several good trails to ride to help get you through the beginner stage. You can also spend time at Norris, both easy and technical trails there.

mtbr member
    If your looking for a scenic easy trail I would go to the Oak Ridge Melton Hill park area. They have a great paved trail that runs along the side of the lake.

Haw Ridge is also in that area and it offers some of the best trails in the state. From the easy beginning trails to the more strenuous technical trails.

mtbr member
    May 2008
    I agree with a post above, Panther Creek State Park in Morristown is a good place to learn how to ride mountain bikes. There a club in the area that has beginner mountain bike rides.

mtbr member
    May 2012
    Good to know. Unfortunately I sprained my left forearm, and fractures my right riding at Ijams about a week ago, the doctor in teh ER said I should be ready to go in 2-3 weeks.

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    Gravatrax you back on the bike yet?

mtbr member
    May 2012
    Not quite yet bro.

The orthopedist said I probably should start riding until the 2nd week of august, but I have a follow up appointment with him this Wednesday so perhaps he clear me ahead of time.

I had to order a new derailleur hanger, not an expensive fix like 21$, better than the whole the Derailleur

mtbr member
    May 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Gravatrax View Post

**edit**
    Nevermind I found a list on this website, on that note what trails would best for beginners? any advice on said tracks?
    What site?