Cow Clicker

Riding in Ocala next week?

Taking a trip to Ocala next week and looking to get some riding in. Any group rides?
    Last edited by wmac; 11-13-2012 at 09:34 PM.
    No, YOU don't understand. You're making an ass of yourself for all of eternity.

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    You should try the OMBA Facebook page:
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/OcalaMtBikeAssn/

Cow Clicker
    Rode 40 miles of Santos today - yellow, blue and red. Fun, fast trail - make sure you bring your big ring!

mtbr member

Santos

Did you get out to Nyles (sp?), out past the I-75 land bridge? Worth the ride or drive over there. Rode it a few years ago with some OMBA guides during the fall festival. It was wicked fun just to follow the wheel in front of you. I know they've added more sense then. Fast, fast, a blast. Gotta get back down there next year!
    ScubaCruz
    www.sorba.org

Cow Clicker
    Didn't have time. Went over the land bridge and saw the extension, but had to get back. Maybe Wednesday.

\m/{-_-}\m/
    Nayl's is a lot of fun but I've been hearing a lot about the new trail called Ern N Burn or something similar. It was built after I moved from FL and I'm itching to get down there to ride it. If I'm not mistaken it's an extension off of Nayl's so don't miss it.

bust a move
    I spoke to a woman who works for the Office of Greenways and Trails a few weeks ago. She said there was now 8.5 miles of trail extending past the Ross Prairie trailhead. Anybody been out riding it yet?
    Falling down is part of LIFE…Getting back up is LIVING…

mtbr member
    Nayl's Trails is fun. Ern N Burn is fun, but challenging. It is a blue, but many consider is a Purple since it is so close to a red. You can't go wrong riding any trails at Santos. We are very fortunate here in the north central part of the Sunshine State..........and yes, riding all winter, even in the dark!!!!!........VERY fun and you get a new perspective on all the trails.

Cow Clicker
    Did another 30 of Santos today. Took yellow out to 49th Street trailhead + Canal Diggings and yellow back + Some blue and red near the end (bunny?) Mad props to a couple guys who picked me up and helped me keep the pace to the end. I think one owns Brick City Bikes. Regardless - neat trails and great people. Thanks to OMBA for great trails and helping me get some miles in during my Thanksgiving break!

DILLIGAF
    Quote Originally Posted by 2ridealot View Post
    I spoke to a woman who works for the Office of Greenways and Trails a few weeks ago. She said there was now 8.5 miles of trail extending past the Ross Prairie trailhead. Anybody been out riding it yet?
    These trails are not yet ready to ride. We are still in the process of flagging and will then schedule work days to get them built. Most of it is yellow trail. However, we have some blue trail laid out that is going to be very fun (much like Ern-N-Burn).

Mike

DILLIGAF
    Quote Originally Posted by wmac View Post
    Did another 30 of Santos today. Took yellow out to 49th Street trailhead + Canal Diggings and yellow back + Some blue and red near the end (bunny?) Mad props to a couple guys who picked me up and helped me keep the pace to the end. I think one owns Brick City Bikes. Regardless - neat trails and great people. Thanks to OMBA for great trails and helping me get some miles in during my Thanksgiving break!
    I did that same route last Wed night with the same guy. Good stuff! Glad you enjoyed our trails.

bust a move
    Quote Originally Posted by msimmons View Post
    These trails are not yet ready to ride. We are still in the process of flagging and will then schedule work days to get them built. Most of it is yellow trail. However, we have some blue trail laid out that is going to be very fun (much like Ern-N-Burn).

Mike
    Sounds like the lady I spoke to was jumping the gun quite a bit.

Thanks for the info.
    Falling down is part of LIFE…Getting back up is LIVING…