mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Riding Oak Mtn Saturday (Oct 15)

Anyone going to be in the Birmingham area Saturday and Interested in Riding a lap at Oak Mountain?

Want to vent?
    uh some folks (me and some friends) are gonna be over there as well but its because they are having a MTB race in trussville AL sunday.....its a town a lil north of Bham...put on by BUMP....we might hit oak saturday but more than likely we gonna go check out the race course

-Boz
    "I'm supa-fly TNT, I'm tha guns of the navarone!"

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Unfortunately or Fortunately depending on your outlook, Sunday we will be on the way to Destin. I would have liked to race but I bet this would be pushing my luck. Good course?

Want to vent?
    AH sweet destin...i didnt get to make it to the beach this year...our usual joint down there got whacked by the hurricane from freakin last year and is still not put back together...=(

I have no clue about the race...never ridden it....seems to be pretty tame compared to oak mtn from the reviews.........only 4 mile laps....not too many climbs...so hooray for me....

Have fun at the beach

-Boz

big daddy
    Nov 2004
    I'm going to be in Birmingham and then going on to Trussville for the race. I could probably meet up with you sometime Saturday at the Oak.

Quote Originally Posted by Asahi
    Anyone going to be in the Birmingham area Saturday and Interested in Riding a lap at Oak Mountain?

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    I am guessing we will be there by about 11:30 to Noon Birmingham time. I am game for most anything around 1 to 5. You can email me at trey@itrca.com.

Trey

Dex
    mtbr member

Race?!

Quote Originally Posted by bigdaddy35
    I'm going to be in Birmingham and then going on to Trussville for the race. I could probably meet up with you sometime Saturday at the Oak.
    What race?
    I'm gonna kick myself in the butt if there was a juniors category that my son could have raced in!
    Noxubee Hills Trail System's FB page
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Noxube...8499244?v=wall

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    I'm sure there is "Day Of" Registration. And surely there is a Juniors Category.

Dex
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Asahi
    I'm sure there is "Day Of" Registration. And surely there is a Juniors Category.
    Thanks!
    I wish I had known sooner.
    But I forgot to mention that I have already made plans for my son and I to meet my daughter and possibly her boyfriend and ride the trails at the Elvis Presly Lake in Tupelo.
    Noxubee Hills Trail System's FB page
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Noxube...8499244?v=wall

Want to vent?

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Tommy, good riding with you.

How did everyone do at the race? How was the course?

big daddy
    Nov 2004
    Thanks for riding with me. The race was great although I got lost on the way there and had to ride in the sport class. My son was in the 5-6 year old class and had a blast. Might have a future mtn. biker on my hands. If you're in Bham again, let me know. I plan on being back up there in a few weeks. Oh yeah, Trussville was a very nice course, fast, not very technical.