mtbr member
    Dec 2005

Riding in Northwest Arkansas Info Needed

I may be moving to NW AR this fall near Fayettville, and was wondering what the mtn biking (and even road riding) are like in that area.

I have been doing some google searches for mtn biking clubs in the area, but haven't had too much success....can any of you offer some sites, or just your experiences biking in the area?

Also, any thoughts on what it is like living in the area is welcome, too.
    Thanks in advance.

GTL
    mtbr member
    Devils Den South of Fayet. is probably the most popular and closest. Eureka Springs (Lake Leatherwood), Lake Wedington are North. Ouachita is Southeast and Syllamo and Pigeon Creek are East. Both Syllamo and the Ouachita (Womble) are IMBA Epic rides.
    The area is surrounded by National and State Forests so plenty of discovery opportunities.

An Arkansas regional forum link is listed below, should be several sources for local/regional clubs.

http://pub69.ezboard.com/bbikearkansasmessageboard
    Le Tour de Tick MTB Race every April - 04/25/10 www.missouritrailssociety.blogspot.com

mtbr member
    Dec 2005

Thanks a bunch!

Thanks a bunch GTL...if I end up down there and you are local, maybe we can ride together some day.

GTL
    mtbr member
    Your welcome. Definitely if you come out, send a note, I am about 1.5 hrs North of Fayetteville, so we do get down there numerous times throughout the year. There is a big Fat Tire Festival in Eureka Springs every year, you have two "survival races" at Womble and Syllamo each year and the NWA championship race is at Devils's Den - so plenty for a mtbr to do. The Fayetteville area is pretty cool - good college town, plenty of activities around, currently the whole NW Arkansas area is booming like crazy. Good luck.
    Le Tour de Tick MTB Race every April - 04/25/10 www.missouritrailssociety.blogspot.com

Baron of Gray Matter
    May 2004
    There is also Springhill Park close to Ft. Smith. F-ville has a lot of road riding and a few races every year. Russellville has Old Post Road Park, a nice trail, a few hours away from F-ville on I-40. North Little Rock has the CARP trails (carpclub.com), about 40+ miles of single track, about 3.5 hours away (depending on how fast you drive).

If you race, go to AMBCS.com, that's the state racing series.

There are a lot of mtn bikers (with a rapidly growing 29er crowd) in our state and lots of miles of single track trails.

Have fun.
    "Oh Dear, I've been redorkulated."
    Prof. Frink.