Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    Jackalope Hunter
    Reputation: jayjudy13's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    898

    Riding near Toccoa Ga?

    I am going to be up there for a wedding in a few weeks, I won't have time to do any stops along the way (because I will have family with me.) I was wondering how far the best riding options are. I am looking to do an early morning ride, (maybe 12-15 miles ideally or longer) the faster and flowier the better but I don't want to drive more than 45-60 min. I've search around a bit but can't pinpoint the best option.

    Any local knowledge would be great!
    B Team represent

    OMBA/IMBA Bike Patrol

  2. #2
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    493
    Quote Originally Posted by jayjudy13 View Post
    I am going to be up there for a wedding in a few weeks, I won't have time to do any stops along the way (because I will have family with me.) I was wondering how far the best riding options are. I am looking to do an early morning ride, (maybe 12-15 miles ideally or longer) the faster and flowier the better but I don't want to drive more than 45-60 min. I've search around a bit but can't pinpoint the best option.

    Any local knowledge would be great!
    Jay, Clemson not to far, along with the new freeride MTB park in Mountain Rest, SC. I've also heard a lot of good thing about the trail system near/at Hart State Park, Ga.

    Clemson - Issaqueena Lake

    Hilltop Bike Park - New Bike Park: Hilltop Bike Park - Mountain Rest, SC

    Hart State Park Paynes Creek - www.sorba.org ? View topic - paynes creek

    There is also a couple trails near Clayton, White Twister and Stonewall Falls - SORBA Chattanooga
    Last edited by OffCamber; 04-25-2013 at 08:45 AM.

  3. #3
    mtbr member
    Reputation: GTscoob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    2,149
    Paynes Creek isnt too far from there at all. Have heard of good singletrack near Lake Hartwell over on SC but not sure what it would be called.

    Clemson is a lot of fun. Freeride stuff out there in addition to the XC trails.

  4. #4
    mtbr member
    Reputation: kersh13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    254
    I'm not sure where in Toccoa you're going exactly, but the closest trail that would fit your definition would be Stonewall Falls in Tiger, GA. It's about 11 miles of great singletrack. Multiple creek crossings and a pretty good mix of climbing and downhill.

    Stonewall Falls Loop Mountain Bike Trail in Clayton, Georgia || SINGLETRACKS.COM
    - KERSH -

  5. #5
    Jackalope Hunter
    Reputation: jayjudy13's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    898
    Quote Originally Posted by kersh13 View Post
    I'm not sure where in Toccoa you're going exactly, but the closest trail that would fit your definition would be Stonewall Falls in Tiger, GA. It's about 11 miles of great singletrack. Multiple creek crossings and a pretty good mix of climbing and downhill.

    Stonewall Falls Loop Mountain Bike Trail in Clayton, Georgia || SINGLETRACKS.COM
    Yeah, I think this is the best option. I've ridden there but its been a long time. How are conditions these days?
    B Team represent

    OMBA/IMBA Bike Patrol

  6. #6
    Jackalope Hunter
    Reputation: jayjudy13's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    898
    Quote Originally Posted by OffCamber View Post
    Jay, Clemson not to far, along with the new freeride MTB park in Mountain Rest, SC. I've also heard a lot of good thing about the trail system near/at Hart State Park, Ga.

    Clemson - Issaqueena Lake

    Hilltop Bike Park - New Bike Park: Hilltop Bike Park - Mountain Rest, SC

    Hart State Park Paynes Creek - www.sorba.org ? View topic - paynes creek

    There is also a couple trails near Clayton, White Twister and Stonewall Falls - SORBA Chattanooga
    Yeah, i won't have enough time this trip... you got any trips planned for summer Don?
    B Team represent

    OMBA/IMBA Bike Patrol

  7. #7
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    493
    Quote Originally Posted by jayjudy13 View Post
    Yeah, i won't have enough time this trip... you got any trips planned for summer Don?
    Early/mid June Georgia/Beech/maybe WR
    First week of Sept. SS/NC/GA

    Like to hit that new trail in Anniston, Al. on one of those trips, along with N.Ga. Never ridden Bear/Bull area besides Carters.
    Maybe Santos/GF next weekend.

    You know me "weather pending" Ha.

  8. #8
    Jackalope Hunter
    Reputation: jayjudy13's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    898
    Quote Originally Posted by OffCamber View Post
    Early/mid June Georgia/Beech/maybe WR
    First week of Sept. SS/NC/GA

    Like to hit that new trail in Anniston, Al. on one of those trips, along with N.Ga. Never ridden Bear/Bull area besides Carters.
    Maybe Santos/GF next weekend.

    You know me "weather pending" Ha.

    Well i know you seem to travel a lot and I'm jealous haha. Hey hit me up if you go to GF or Santos next week, i'll hook up with ya.
    B Team represent

    OMBA/IMBA Bike Patrol

  9. #9
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    493
    Will do. I got to deliver set of rim to one of the guys at GF.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-17-2013, 12:37 PM
  2. Riding UP stairs, riding inside home depot, big drop and more...
    By unigeezer in forum Videos and POV Cameras
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 04-26-2012, 07:10 AM
  3. How does road riding affect offroad riding?
    By JMHZ2401 in forum Beginner's Corner
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 09-20-2011, 08:07 AM
  4. Paid Spam: 2001 Litespeed Toccoa 18 inch Frame
    By ia_ss157 in forum Litespeed
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-14-2011, 08:52 AM
  5. Replies: 34
    Last Post: 06-11-2009, 10:55 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •