Heads up Flyboy!!

Riding near Greenville, Tennessee

Hey guys I just got a new Trails Illustrated Map # 782 for Cherokee and Pisgah National Forests French Broad & Nolichucky Rivers. Looks like about 80-90 miles worth of trails just North of Hotsprings , North Carolina and just South of Geenville, Tn in the Bald and Meadow Creek Mtns. Anyone ridden them? May be making a day trip up that way soon.

Jeremy
    Last edited by mountaingoatepics; 12-31-2005 at 03:26 PM.

mtbr member
    Feb 2004

hmmm

I wasn't aware of any trail there either. Sounds like an easy daytrip. Please give us a review if you end up riding them.

Heads up Flyboy!!
    Its amazing what goes undiscovered by the masses. I rode Damascus, VA last year with about 65 miles total trail miles for the weekend and almost nobody knows that sweet singletrack exist. There is still several miles worth of trail I've yet to be able to get back to ride but what I did was amazing and we saw only one hiker, no riders on the trails.
    Most people go to Damascus to ride the Virginia Creeper, a rail to trail that is wide and smooth.
    But just to the North of Hwy 58 in Damascus lies the Iron Mtn trail and several spur trails and loops that I would compare to anything in Pisgah, my home area. I actually discovered Damascus by riding the Virginia Creeper with my Mom( who did 55 miles with me by riding from Whitetop to Abington and back to Damascus) and buying a Trails Illustrated map of the area.
    I've been reading the topo lines of the area just below Greenville, Tn and there are several trails that drop 2,000 ft in 1.5-2 miles and several ridge running trails similar to that found in Virginia if I'm reading the topos right.

Jeremy