mtbr member

Riding in Georgia?

I recently had an old Army buddy come out to Northern California to visit. While he was here I showed him some of my GoPro videos. He was saying he would be interested in getting into riding but doesn't know where people ride in GA. So I figured I'd turn to the MTBR crowd to see what's recomended and if anyone had and advice I could pass on to him for riding in that area. He lives in Vidalia, Ga

mtbr member
    May 2007
    nothing. that area is flat and farms. the closest trails would be a couple hours drive and they are terrible. nothing that is worth buying a bike to go hit. i lived in the area for a few years after already being an addict. I would spend every weekend driving, and rides during the week were almost impossible with out the day off.

Trail Rider
    Jun 2009
    I believe Macon has quite a few trails available, check out the trail review section of mtbr.

mtbr member
    Yep, nothing in that area. The Macon area and Augusta are the closest places to ride.

The perfessor
    I live in the mtb mecca for Georgia - the northern part........we have trails galore, but the other folks are right - not much available near Vidalia other than dirt roads (and there are probably plenty of those around)..........
    Trifecta is Perfecta: 26" FSR Geared / 29er SS Rigid / 29er Ti Hardtail Geared

mtbr member
    Dec 2004
    I've heard the trails in Macon are good, but they are 90 minutes from him. Maybe a cross bike on dirt roads would be better.

mtbr member
    I appreciate the responses. That's too bad there isn't much riding down there. I have a buddy that lives in Florida where it's extremely flat and he told me there are some trail systems set up in old quarries there. Otherwise there is no elevation gain or loss to be found. I'll let my buddy know that if he wants to ride he's going to have to go to Macon.

mtbr member
    Dec 2004
    It'd be interesting to talk to Vidalia bike shop(s) and see if there are any under the radar trails...