mtbr member
    Sep 2008

Riding around Atlanta late February?? Trail suggestions?

Heading to Atlanta for the supercross in February. I'm going to have about 3 days to ride after that before I go boar hunting just south of Macon. Looking for places to check out. Mostly like fast and flowy with some good downhills.

Other option: Any public bike parks with a pump track or dirt jumps?

Thanks.

mtbr member
    Jan 2014
    Blankets Creek in Woodstock is pretty fun. There are about 14 miles of fast flowy singletrack. There is also a short downhill run with jumps and bowl turns. Chicopee in Gainesville is a lot of fun also. Both of those places can close if it has been rainy so you would need to check their websites before going.

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Just checked out some video of that. That looks like a nice spot real close. How are the mountains in the northwest corner of Georgia?

mtbr member
    Jan 2014
    I've never ridden anything up in the northwest corner near Chattanooga but Snake Creek Gap near Dalton is good. It's quite a bit more difficult than most trails in the Atlanta area due to the climbs and rocks. It's fun for experienced riders though. The pinhoti trails near elijay are suppose to be good, but I've never been. Bull and Jake Mountain in Dahlonega are great too.

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    This Scotty guy knows his stuff. Bear Creek/Pinhoti 1 and 2 near Ellijay is a sweet loop. Prob hitting it tomorrow in fact. One of my favorites.

I'll add that the FATS trail system would be near Augusta (maybe easier for you if you're going to be in Macon). Google it, good stuff too.

mtbr member
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by craftbrewed View Post
    Other option: Any public bike parks with a pump track or dirt jumps?

Thanks.
    Blankets Creeks has a fun little jump line but you might want to check the FR section at Big Creek in Roswell. Djs at the top with multiple DH line with drops and jumps. Fun place. You can ride the trail out to it or follow the concrete path back to it. They also have a Pumptrack at the second parking lot.

mtbr member
    I'll be in Chicopee this weekend. What's the terrain like? Would it be ridiculous to wear knee and elbow pads?

mtbr member
    Jan 2014
    Yeah you would probably look like a goober if you wore knee and elbow pads at Chicopee. Its all fast flowy singletrack. A lot of short up and downs, not any real long climbs. It's a really fun trail system.

The perfessor
    - Chicopee: Coyote / Whitetail Loop / Copperhead tend to be a bit rooty but not bad in general..........sort of my "backyard" trail system.......
    Trifecta is Perfecta: 26" FSR Geared / 29er SS Rigid / 29er Ti Hardtail Geared

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Thanks for all the info. The plan is to hit up Blankets Creek and/or Big Creek on Sunday for the fun flowy jump stuff. Then head over to Coldwater Mountain for Monday, I'm into trailbuilding so I'd like to see this place. Then up to Mulberry Gap for riding on Tuesday for some singletrack. I'm thinking it should be a good slice of the area's riding?

mtbr member
    Jan 2014
    That sounds like good times to me.

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    Sounds like you'll be tired but fun stuff. I need to hit up Coldwater.

Post up if you do hit Blankets this weekend. I live bike riding distance away and I'm sure I'll be out there at some point.

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    Sounds like a great plan. If you could only pick one though, I would pick Blankets over Big Creek for sure. Other than that you seem to be in good shape.