Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Rides near Everglades NP?

577 views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  TheGweed 
#1 ·
Ladies and Gents,

My fiancee and I will be heading down to Everglades NP for our spring break in March (08-14). We have reservations at one of the campgrounds in the park and will be doing plenty of exploring in the afternoons and early evenings, with some overnight canoe trips planned to some of the chickees in the more remote portions of the park.

But, we also plan on getting in some good rides each morning. We realize that it's a national park in a wild swamp, and that singletrack is, by law, verboten. That said, we're not opposed to riding on roads and getting in the miles that way.

Does anyone have any good idea for routes, rides, races, etc near there? We'll be staying at the extreme southern end of the main park road, at the Flamingo Campground, if it matters.

Thanks!

#5 ·
There is a flat road ride of fifteen miles that's part of Everglades National Park, it's called Shark Valley. Check it out, it's pretty cool to do once, especially if the weather is cold enough there will be gators all over the path, but they won't bother you.

Amelia and Virginia Key are pretty good mountain bike trails in Miami, I'm not a big fan of Oleta.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.