mtbr member

Rent a bike Atlanta

So I am going to be down in Atlanta on business for two weeks starting Monday. I won't have a bunch of extra time but I will have atleast one full day off, just wondering if there was a place to rent a mountain bike. It would be awesome to sneak a ride in.
    thanks
    Live fast, Die young, Leave a good looking corpse!

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    try c-town bikes in conyers. the olympic course is just a couple of miles away. great people too.

Go make a difference
    What part of town? What size bike do you need?
    Charles Myrick
    33North Adventures | Owner
    Bike | Climb | Hike | Paddle
    New trips: Tibet & Bosnia!

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    not trying to hijack,but...

I have the same question I will be a little north of atlanta in duluth and plan on trying to ride big creek. I don't have a rack that will fit on the car we are driving up so is there good place to rent a bike in that area. Is c-town close to this location? I will be up in mid July.

Thanks
    Last edited by Flboy; 06-01-2010 at 06:50 PM.

mtbr member
    I am in S. Atlanta near the airport, but i am up for a ride anywhere between a two hour drive. I have this sunday off and I am hoping to go for a ride. I need a medium bike. I am 5'9" and 165 lbs.

mtbr member
    Sep 2004
    try outspokin' in woodstock - they may rent or demo. blankets creek is near and has 13+mi of trails.
    ride fast...take chances...

Go make a difference
    Quote Originally Posted by Flboy
    not trying to hijack,but...

I have the same question I will be a little north of atlanta in duluth and plan on trying to ride big creek. I don't have a rack that will fit on the car we are driving up so is there good place to rent a bike in that area. Is c-town close to this location? I will be up in mid July.

Thanks
    Unfortunately, no. C-town is in Conyers. If you can use a size large and don't mind a 29er, let me know. We can work something out on one of mine.
    Charles Myrick

Go make a difference
    Quote Originally Posted by bridgestone14
    I am in S. Atlanta near the airport, but i am up for a ride anywhere between a two hour drive. I have this sunday off and I am hoping to go for a ride. I need a medium bike. I am 5'9" and 165 lbs.
    I just checked and Epic Bikes in Stockbridge doesn't rent (I was hoping they did). C-town is in Conyers.

I've just emailed all the bike shops in town to get the low down and will advise as soon as I get responses. We will also try to get this up on our website (SORBA Atlanta, that is).

**EDIT**
    Here's what I have so far...

Free Flite
    http://freeflite.com/articles/rental...gram-pg866.htm

Atlanta Cycling (road bikes only)
    http://atlantacycling.com/articles/b...tals-pg306.htm

C-town Bikes (http://www.ctownbikes.com/)
    "We currently have 5 Demo/Rental bikes in our fleet and try to keep that many in- as they sell, we bring another one in. Most are $25/day, but the Niner bikes are $50/day- any rental goes towards purchase of rental or a new bike of that caliber."
    Last edited by k2biker; 06-02-2010 at 01:13 PM.
    Charles Myrick

mtbr member
    Looks like outspokin has some bikes to rent. Anyone up for a ride on Sunday? Is it worth trying to get down to the Olympic course, or should I just ride Bull Mountain?

Go make a difference
    Quote Originally Posted by bridgestone14
    Looks like outspokin has some bikes to rent. Anyone up for a ride on Sunday? Is it worth trying to get down to the Olympic course, or should I just ride Bull Mountain?
    Conyers / the Olympic course is well worth the ride. But if you're going there, you're better off getting a bike from C-town as they're located 5 minutes from the trailhead. Outspokin is an hour from Conyers. I'm just sayin.

Also, when are you planning to ride? If Saturday June 5, you'll have a more enjoyable ride at Conyers as there is a National Trails Day work party at Bull. Feel free to join -- you can work then ride, but I know doing trail work while out of town is not everyone's cup of tea.
    Charles Myrick

mtbr member
    I am stuck in a work trip and we have to work sat. With any luck we will be getting out around two. So I could definitly ride in the afternoon on sat. I definitly not mind helping with trail work, especially if it gets me a free tour guide.

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    Plus one on C-town

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    It may be a bit late but you can rent from cycleworks right next to big creek.