Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Races in FL (specifically South FL) and where to find them?

847 views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  jayjudy13 
#1 ·
Made the switch from road racing and I love it so far. Instead of the typical criterium or road race there are so many types of MTB races that I can mix it up and not feel bored.

Is there any place I can go to find mtb races for each park other than the USAC website because I know there are alot of unsanctioned races too. I dont know many mtbers in my area so trying to find word on races could be tough.

Other than that I was wondering if they have these type of races down here:

Endurance races that go on through the night (I only know of 12 hours of Santos)

Relay Races

Cross country (not necessarily races) races/rides that require you to bring camping gear and sleep outdoors. I really REALLY want to do something like this.

#5 ·
Check your local IMBA group. Mine has a Facebook page, where all kinds of announcements and information are shared locally and by other chapters/groups. It's also a great place to find out about group rides that are open to everybody.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.