Granny Gear Guru

Raccoon Mtn July 31st

Anyone going to be there then? I haven't been there before and plan on heading there with a buddy of mine for the weekend. I have no idea what to expect but I am all sorts of

And I meant Aug. 1st.....
    Last edited by jdreher55; 07-13-2010 at 09:13 AM.
    10 Specialized Hardrock
    Looking for a new bike...... selling one?

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    If you can move your ride up one week you would be set. The Woodstock, GA chapter of SORBA will be hosting a group ride there, along with several members of the Chattanooga Chapter. They have opened this ride to all SORBA members and I am sure they wouldn't mind if another couple participate.*

Here are the details:

On July 24th, the SORBA-Woodstock chapter will be hosting a group ride on Raccoon Mountain. This will be an intermediate level ride with different groups within the ride from slower to advanced. All interested riders should meet at the TVA Raccoon Mountain Visitor Center at 9:30am. The ride will begin from the visitor center at 9:30am. Bring plenty of water, dress for warm weather, and bring a snack.

* And, if you live in the southeast you really should consider joining IMBA/SORBA (they merged two years ago). Our members are responsible for building and maintaining the best mountain bike trails in the region, including Raccoon. It is a super deal $30/year and that includes a subscription to Bicycling and Mountain Bike magazines if you join on line. If you are already a member... keep being awesome!

Clicky here -->

Granny Gear Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by schaarschmidt
    If you can move your ride up one week you would be set. The Woodstock, GA chapter of SORBA will be hosting a group ride there, along with several members of the Chattanooga Chapter. They have opened this ride to all SORBA members and I am sure they wouldn't mind if another couple participate.*

Here are the details:

On July 24th, the SORBA-Woodstock chapter will be hosting a group ride on Raccoon Mountain. This will be an intermediate level ride with different groups within the ride from slower to advanced. All interested riders should meet at the TVA Raccoon Mountain Visitor Center at 9:30am. The ride will begin from the visitor center at 9:30am. Bring plenty of water, dress for warm weather, and bring a snack.

* And, if you live in the southeast you really should consider joining IMBA/SORBA (they merged two years ago). Our members are responsible for building and maintaining the best mountain bike trails in the region, including Raccoon. It is a super deal $30/year and that includes a subscription to Bicycling and Mountain Bike magazines if you join on line. If you are already a member... keep being awesome!

Clicky here -->
    I may go there, I know my friend won't be able to make it that weekend but I don't see why I couldn't. Also, I had gotten my wife and I a membership in 2006? 2007? I can't remember but I'll have to renew it. I still have some cool SORBA stickers
    10 Specialized Hardrock
    Looking for a new bike...... selling one?