mtbr member
    Apr 2006

Possibly relocating, looking for info

I may be relocating to the Marietta, GA area in October. I would like some input on what type/s of riding is out there. I have basically lived in Colorado all my life and have a rich history in downhill. Is there anything like that in the area? I am looking for any info I can get.

I will be out there next week for a couple days (no bike ). Where are some good places to eat?

Thanks in advance!

Clydesdale 29er
    check out SORBA for info on riding in the south.

http://www.sorba.org/

There are tons of trails within a few hours drive of Marietta with the best all around local trail being Blankets Creek trail system. I can't say that I know of much downhill type riding. There
    is some freeride stuff at Big Creek Trails.
    MxV=Clydesdale

mtbr member
    Those that live or have lived in the west will likely call what we have here hills and not mountains. Look around a bit on the net and various other forums (I am still hunting myself) and you find that most of the longer DH courses are in East TN, West and Central NC, at least in the South East. I'm in AL and basically have to find a short DH run of XC trail for a DH experience..... have to be creative or travel tend to be the common theme.
    Media Manager - Coming Soon
    Press Relations - Team Billy Goat Bikes - Mountain Khakis

pusher of buttons
    I am sorry. I moved here from just outside SLC 5 years ago. different style. what do ride now, what type of riding.
    I also still do the DH, but they are shorter runs that are in atl area. otherwise Clemson is hour 30 up the road, then the real east coast dh is mostly 4-5 hours away, but groups do rides there pretty often. also some dh in Carters lake area
    WTF