mtbr member

Pinhoti 2 question

I rode Bear Creek, P1, and P2 for the first time last weekend. It was fairly easy to navigate but one part confused me.

At the end of the dirt road FS90B there is a small parking lot where Pinhoti 2 starts. The actual trail starts as a doubletrack on the right as you enter the parking area. There is a "Road Closed" gate across the doubletrack. However, if you go straight ahead in the parking lot instead of turning right, there is a single track trail heading off in the distance.

Neither trail is marked. Fortunately, my small map showed that gate so I knew which way to go. But logic would have told me to go straight onto the singletrack instead of going right onto the doubletrack.

What is that singletrack that goes straight? My guess is that it somehow hooks up with P2 but I never saw an intersection.
    I live with fear and danger every day. And on the weekends she lets me go mountain biking.

mtbr member
    Jan 2014
    I was also confused when I got to that point. I'm not sure where the other two trails lead out of that parking lot. I almost started down the one on the left but it didn't look like anyone had been down it for a while.

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    Nothing straight ahead. I went that way and the trail just gets overgrown and then quits. Turned around and rode out and went the right way! Is confusing.

Mtb Extraordinaire
    May 2006
    I took a wrong turn the first time ever out there. The trail just goes downhill for about a mile and then gets overgrown and ends.

mtbr member
    Suprised there isn't a Pinhoti trail maker (white diamond turkey print or white blaze) on the trail by the gate/guardrail there in the open lot. I'll pass it along to some Pinhoti trail stewards.
    ScubaCruz
    www.sorba.org

mtbr member

Pinhoti 2 question

I was surprised, too. Maybe I missed it but they are pretty obvious.

There's another spot above there (maybe it was bear creek) that was confusing but, again, the gate was on my map so I knew where to go.
    I live with fear and danger every day. And on the weekends she lets me go mountain biking.