Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    88

    Pigeon Forge/Sevierville TN

    I heading to Tenn for vacation through the first week of September. I would like to ride some but I'm having a little trouble finding trails. Any suggestions? I was surprised that there is no MTB in the GSM.

  2. #2
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    88
    Nothing in the area?

  3. #3
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    43

    Lots just not in PF or Sevierville

    Panther Creek, Warriors Path, Meads Quarry, GA Marble the list goes on, but not in the "tourist" area and nothing in the GSM for mtb bikes. Cades Cove has bike riding along with some double track gravel across Rich Mtn. If you want single track you will have to drive a little bit......

  4. #4
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    88
    Quote Originally Posted by wile e. coyote View Post
    Panther Creek, Warriors Path, Meads Quarry, GA Marble the list goes on, but not in the "tourist" area and nothing in the GSM for mtb bikes. Cades Cove has bike riding along with some double track gravel across Rich Mtn. If you want single track you will have to drive a little bit......
    OK. Thanks, I will check some of those out.

  5. #5
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    69
    Tsali in NC isn't too far either. It's a fun ride and it's just over the mountain.

  6. #6
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    11
    There is a great mtb community in Knoxville and the surrounding area. If you are staying in Sevierville area Panther Creek is not too far...and a drive into Knoxville will get you access to Meades quarry like mentioned(good to ride with a local since there is so much more trail than just that park- need to know where the connector roads are), Haw ridge(you could spend all day there), Concord park and many more. Knoxville Cycling on facebook is a great resource to meet people in the area and connect with local group rides. If you dont want to mess with a group, give a shout and depending on your skill level someone would be happy to show you some of the great spots we have.

  7. #7
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    88
    Quote Originally Posted by jasmap View Post
    Tsali in NC isn't too far either. It's a fun ride and it's just over the mountain.
    I have friends that have ridden Tsali before. They love it.

    Quote Originally Posted by zazadojo View Post
    There is a great mtb community in Knoxville and the surrounding area. If you are staying in Sevierville area Panther Creek is not too far...and a drive into Knoxville will get you access to Meades quarry like mentioned(good to ride with a local since there is so much more trail than just that park- need to know where the connector roads are), Haw ridge(you could spend all day there), Concord park and many more. Knoxville Cycling on facebook is a great resource to meet people in the area and connect with local group rides. If you dont want to mess with a group, give a shout and depending on your skill level someone would be happy to show you some of the great spots we have.
    Thanks for the info. I will check it out.

  8. #8
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    1
    Heading to Sevierville, TN this week on vacation with my wife and I am throwing my MTB in the back of the car. I hope to grab at least one good day of riding. Super thankful for this forum - at this point looks like I will try to head up to Knoxville one day. Anyone know of new updates to rides either in Sevierville or someone give me a tip on a great mid-level skill level trail in Knoxville? Thanks!

Similar Threads

  1. Trails near Pigeon Forge/Gatlinburg TN
    By ROCKET20 in forum Southeast - GA, TN, AL, FL
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-16-2010, 06:45 AM
  2. where to ride near pigeon forge
    By yamamonster600 in forum Southeast - GA, TN, AL, FL
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-05-2009, 11:13 AM
  3. Any trails near Pigeon Forge/Gatlinburg??
    By singletrackpursuits in forum Southeast - GA, TN, AL, FL
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-13-2007, 06:21 AM
  4. Pigeon Forge area
    By hoobie in forum Southeast - GA, TN, AL, FL
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 03-16-2006, 05:13 PM
  5. Rental Bikes Around Pigeon Forge
    By paddlefoot64 in forum Southeast - GA, TN, AL, FL
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-24-2006, 09:53 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •