mtbr member
    Oct 2005

Good job! Phenix City Alabama - Trail Of Tears

Just A Heads Up For Anybody In The Area. This Jewel Is Now A 10 Mile Long Loop. You Need A Guide, But It Is Well Worth A Trip From Anywhere In The Southeast. We Ride On Tues And Thurs At 5:30 And Also Saturday And Sunday Mornings 9-10 Ish. See The Review Section For Specifics, But The Trail Has Recieved Some Tlc Lately ... Ride On !!

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    do you think your trail will stay maintained through the summer? i'd like to head that way then. maybe bring my kayak and get a double thrill. do you get the huge spiders in your face like they do in florida?

mtbr member
    Oct 2005

tot

Quote Originally Posted by jrwmojo
    do you think your trail will stay maintained through the summer? i'd like to head that way then. maybe bring my kayak and get a double thrill. do you get the huge spiders in your face like they do in florida?
    yes the trail is maintained 12 moths per year. there are also some other nice trails in the area. spiders suck !! yes we gets em, not too huge though.. narrow singletrack brings them out on at certain times of the year........ as for the kayak, the city is talking about removing one of the dams on the chattahoochee to make for some white water but it hasn't happened....still a small section of rapids are there...........ride on !!......

Shaman
    Apr 2004

Where is Phoenix City?

I will be in Birmingham putting on a mountain biking camp and visiting relatives over Thanksgiving, is Phoenix City near Birmingham?
    Skills coaching loved by passionate riders of all levels and trusted by the pros.
    www.betterride.net

mtbr member
    Oct 2005

Tot

Quote Originally Posted by BetterRide
    I will be in Birmingham putting on a mountain biking camp and visiting relatives over Thanksgiving, is Phoenix City near Birmingham?
    we are about 120 miles from b'ham. this trail is not the groomed smooth singletrack that oak mountain is. it is much more technical......we are across the river from columbus ga. e-mail me if you decide to make it...you will need a guide.......thanks for the reply and ride on !!!

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Coool

Heckler,

I live in GA and travel quite a bit for my job. I do come thru Columbus every other month. I hope next time I come thru I can make one of the rides! Thanks for the heads up.

mtbr member
    Oct 2005

tot

Quote Originally Posted by Moo Shoo Pork
    Heckler,

I live in GA and travel quite a bit for my job. I do come thru Columbus every other month. I hope next time I come thru I can make one of the rides! Thanks for the heads up.

come on down, there are also other riding opportunities in the area. can't say it enough - you will need a guide to really enjoy this trail.............ride on moo shoo !!!!