mtbr member
    May 2004

Peeps, please post some pics of Memphis area

riding. Would like to see some different types of trails in and around the Memphis metro areae - singletrack, technical, freeride, bmx/pumptrack, jump areas, etc

and also if you can post how the road scene is

thanks!
    Sound of Tires on Dirt - Sole Music; shared with friends - Soul Music.

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    check out midsouthtrails.com

mtbr member
    May 2004

okay will do, thanks much

Quote Originally Posted by MTI3Rmember
    check out midsouthtrails.com
    Currently reside or "reside" in Boise, Idaho. Job front not good for me. Cousin long time FedEx employee says for me to look, and focus on their Memphis/TN hub area, to get into a great company. So posting here is part of my research of the recreational component of living there! Will check out the midsouth site.

I am expecting not extended (but maybe some) climbs, rooty, rocky, foresty, twisty, technical FUN Trails and probably some all mtn trails with integrated stunts by now since the whole north shore thing has spread everywhere by now

also road scene probaby good and year round weather probably good?

cheking, thank you
    Sound of Tires on Dirt - Sole Music; shared with friends - Soul Music.

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    I can't say much about the biking scene as I took it up after leaving memphis. There are 4 or 5 spots to ride, but I'm pretty sure you are not going to get much climbing.

As far as year round weather, well winters will be milder than Boise, that's for sure. Memphis definitely has seasons tho. It can get super hot (and humid) in the summer and in the teens for winter. It all depends on the year. I remember going to school one day in shorts (it was 60) and I got out of basketball practice that night to 3 inches of ICE and Mid 20's. Most of the tornadoes stay on the west side of the river as well.

Fed Ex is def a good spot to pick up a job. Good benefits and they will always be in business. Good luck.

The guys at MSTA will happily answer questions about trails. Make sure you ask about where to live as well. Like every big city, there are good spots, bad spots, and those "you just don't go into" spots. Germantown and cordova are pretty good spots.