WWW.CYCLEVOLUTION.COM
    Jan 2009

Orlando Area Riding

My girlfriend and I are going to be in Orlando for a a few days and would like to do some riding while we are there. We will be there for work and therefore will not have a lot of time for reaching the trail head. Are there any home trail suggestions? input and suggestions greatly appreciated.

XXIX
    Depends on what side of Orlando you are on.

Jackalope Hunter
    The metropolitan Orlando area has two half way decent mtb trails. The Soldiers Creek trail near Winter Springs, which is a very short loop and the Little-big Econ Preserve trails (locals refer to it as Snowhill or Snowhill rd.) Snowhill has about 15 miles of quite scenic but very mellow trails. Neither are very exciting but they are both pretty close (about 20-30 min) from Orlando. If you have a little more time, you are only about 1-1.5 hours from Santos, Alafia or Loyce Harp park. (some of the best riding in the state) There are a few others but they are all an hour + away from Orlando.

All of these trails have reviews on this site with driving directions. Enjoy!
    B Team represent

OMBA/IMBA Bike Patrol

WWW.CYCLEVOLUTION.COM
    Jan 2009
    Thanks for the info... Will check out Snowhill. How about road riding.... Are there any group rides during the week?

Thanks again.

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Bala- you and Sara should check out Snowhill. I rode there once. Sugar sand is rough at the beginning but there is some fun stuff there.

Hope all is well and you guys have fun!

-Ryan

Jackalope Hunter
    I have no idea about road riding... but Snowhill is a cool trail system, if a bit boring. If you like scenic rides that aren't very tech, you'll love it. Actually, ridden at a fast pace it is pretty fun, some sections might even be worth calling Blue/Intermediate, but there's nothing even close to black diamond. I ride there around once every two months when I don't feel like driving out of town to ride.
    B Team represent

OMBA/IMBA Bike Patrol

go vegan!
    Sep 2010
    check in with these guys...
    http://orangecycleorlando.com/

Curb Jumper
    a lot of local group mtb/road rides during the week are posted here.

www.meetup.com/letsride